Review Mantona "New York" large camera bag

Name
Shaun
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all I've been lurking for a while but finally registered. Here's my 1st mini review.

I've been looking for a large camera bag to fit all (or most) of my kit, especially 2 DSLRs and a variety of lenses.

I looked at the usual suspects, namely Lowepro Magnum 400 and Tamrac Pro 11 or 12.

Whilst I realise you get what you pay for, paying half price doesn't always equate to half value, so I began searching for an unknown brand of similar style but cheaper. I stumbled upon the Mantona large camera bag on Amazon. The one review gave it good marks so I bit the bullet and bought one. I've seen these on different sites named Mantona "New York".

Well it arrived today and I'm very impressed. The padding all around the bag is very thick and the space inside the bag has swallowed all my kit -
D90
D80
18mm-55mm
18mm-200mm
50mm
35mm
105mm
85mm
YN-467 flash and rocket blower.
All my filters and odds-and-sods fit in the front pocket.
The pocket at the rear will hold my iPad in it's protective leather case.
The 6 dividers can be arranged in any manner of configuration and a tripod can be strapped to the front.

The Amazon page does mention 2 side elasticated net bags which don't feature on my bag nor any of the photos.

There are lots of external webbing loops/strips for attaching further equipment (much like the Lowepro Sliplock loops) and the padded shoulder strap and bag "D-Rings" are metal. Included is a weatherproof cover too.
I've not taken any pictures of the bag, the Amazon pictures are more than adequate.

All in all I thoroughly recommend this bag for anyone who wants a large 2 DSLR+kit shoulder bag but doesn't want to pay top dollar and sacrifice much in the way of quality.

Is it up the quality of my other Lowepro bags? Probably not. Does it look like it cost half the price of the Lowepro bags ? Definitely not.

I'd be happy to answer any questions should any of you need more information.

Shaun

Last edited:
Hi

Im looking for a bag and this might fit the bill. My budget is limted and most back packs seem quite compromised at this price point especially if im looking to hld 2x slr , 4 lens, 2 flash and accessories

How is this bag holding up? Does r have feet on the bottom, is it to large to use other than for transportin stuff to location? Could you fit a mac book pro 17 (15.5 x 10,5 x 1 inch)

Amazon reviews are glowing but cant find much else about it

Thanks. Thats a pity on the laptop..out curiousity what is the dimensions of the laptop compartment? Could it take a4 notepad for example

Just seen its about 18x8x10 thats wxhxd so mbp wouldnt fit either way. Thats actually a bit smaller than i though

Last edited:
Hi all I've been lurking for a while but finally registered. Here's my 1st mini review.

I've been looking for a large camera bag to fit all (or most) of my kit, especially 2 DSLRs and a variety of lenses.

I looked at the usual suspects, namely Lowepro Magnum 400 and Tamrac Pro 11 or 12.

Whilst I realise you get what you pay for, paying half price doesn't always equate to half value, so I began searching for an unknown brand of similar style but cheaper. I stumbled upon the Mantona large camera bag on Amazon. The one review gave it good marks so I bit the bullet and bought one. I've seen these on different sites named Mantona "New York".

Well it arrived today and I'm very impressed. The padding all around the bag is very thick and the space inside the bag has swallowed all my kit -
D90
D80
18mm-55mm
18mm-200mm
50mm
35mm
105mm
85mm
YN-467 flash and rocket blower.
All my filters and odds-and-sods fit in the front pocket.
The pocket at the rear will hold my iPad in it's protective leather case.
The 6 dividers can be arranged in any manner of configuration and a tripod can be strapped to the front.

The Amazon page does mention 2 side elasticated net bags which don't feature on my bag nor any of the photos.

There are lots of external webbing loops/strips for attaching further equipment (much like the Lowepro Sliplock loops) and the padded shoulder strap and bag "D-Rings" are metal. Included is a weatherproof cover too.
I've not taken any pictures of the bag, the Amazon pictures are more than adequate.

All in all I thoroughly recommend this bag for anyone who wants a large 2 DSLR+kit shoulder bag but doesn't want to pay top dollar and sacrifice much in the way of quality.

Is it up the quality of my other Lowepro bags? Probably not. Does it look like it cost half the price of the Lowepro bags ? Definitely not.

I'd be happy to answer any questions should any of you need more information.

Shaun

Hello Shaun, I have looked at this bag and wondered if it can be used as a back pack or is it a shoulder bag only?

Back