Manually select the AF point on D750

Name
Heline
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys! I got the new Nikon D750 and just going through everything. One thing I just cannot figure out is WHERE is the setting so I can manually select the AF point while shooting! I've been going through the menu, I've been on google and I've been looking at the manual. But I think I'm getting frustrated now and I'm missing it. Can someone PLEASE tell me where to set it? THANKS!!!

push the shutter button half way down and use the wee round directional pad on the back of the camera to move the focusing square.

Page 127 in manual

I'm looking for the setting where you can select your own focus point. You know when you press the shutter button half way and one little square comes up and you can move that little square left, right, up and down to select your own focus point. My D750 is on a setting where it jumps around and I cannot focus where I want. And no, I'm not looking for the focus lock function.

You may have the focus lock lever activated?

What mode are you shooting in?

Where you select MF or AF - from front of camera, look to the bottom right. Inside this switch is a button. Press this, and then rotate the wheel on the top right at the back of the camera. It will change to single focus point that way. After that, you can move the single focus point around using the direction pad on the back of the camera.

You may have the focus lock lever activated?

What mode are you shooting in?
The focus lock lever is not helping with what I want. I'm trying to select my own focus point while shooting, but the camera is choosing for me. I'm in manual mode, and AF mode but that's not the issue. I can focus, no problem. I just cannot select my own focus point.

Buy a Canon the next time :)

Back