Manxie

Name
Errr...
Edit My Images
Yes
A crap, low-res, large crop. If only the sea had been a bit more dramatic...

Manxie180810b.jpg

Yeah, I only posted it 'cos it's something a bit different and one that a lot of people on here wouldn't see that often (if at all). Hopefully, when the Autumn winds push them nearer to shore, I can improve on it.

Yeah, I only posted it 'cos it's something a bit different and one that a lot of people on here wouldn't see that often (if at all). Hopefully, when the Autumn winds push them nearer to shore, I can improve on it.

Should get yourself a longer lens Chris :LOL: Thanks for sharing, although I thought you put a cat pic up in the wrong section when I read the title ;)

I can't understand why people have become obsessed with such drastic DOF,It would be nice once in a while, to show the bird and it's natural surroundings,and this in not aimed at you personally Chris,I personally think that your images on here are some of the best I have seen,but isn't variety supposed to be the spice of life,and rules meant to be broken.

I can't understand why people have become obsessed with such drastic DOF,It would be nice once in a while, to show the bird and it's natural surroundings,and this in not aimed at you personally Chris,I personally think that your images on here are some of the best I have seen,but isn't variety supposed to be the spice of life,and rules meant to be broken.

Ummmm!! Who is being obsessed about drastic dof? :thinking:

Absolutely rules are meant to be broken, but I doubt anyone with any lens would have got the sea in focus at the same time as the bird in these circumstances. The bird was well above the sea and appx 200m+ from me. The sea on the background was at least twice as far out again - so over a Km out!
When the big seas arrive in Autumn, I'll be making sure it is part of the image.

Last edited:
Back