MAPLIN OFFER - Portable Soft Lighting Studio - £9.99

Keltic Ice Man

Glossary King
Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
Portable Soft Lighting Studio [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]• Lightweight and foldable studio with handy
carry pack
• Ideal for homepage, internet auction and
product photography
• Extended size: 40(w) x 40(h) x 40(d)cm
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Code: A03BL[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]now £9.99[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]HALF PRICE [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]was £19.99[/FONT]

I have the 80cm light tent. I have had trouble finding lights bright enough to illuminate it enough. I don't have much cash but have been looking for a light head with a large relecetor dish (like a wok size) to reflect the light to the sides of the lighttent but I haven't found any that are not hundreds..... At the moment I don't use a lightent at all. I just have two gigantic energy saving bulbs 105w (i.e. 500w equivalent) with black backed foil lined reflector brollies which focus all the light on my product. It works quite well but with certain shiney products I get the relection of the two umbrella spokes ... so I wanted to use my tent but these bulbs (the largest wattage energy savers I could find anywhere) are not directional enough to make inside the lughtent bright enough... probably I could tweak it (either edit the jpegs with PSP or take them in RAW and mess about) but I want a simple shoot picture, crop and upload convenience so I need it bright enough.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/80cm-32-Soft-...10QQihZ014QQcategoryZ3860QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

anyone have any dealing with the larger 80cm ones off the bay and the maplin one. The 80cm works out a couple of quid more.

I bought one of those a few weeks ago and here is my setup.
The lights are THESE FROM ARGOS at £12 each:

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

And here are some of my shots :

952703935_f42ec95d45.jpg

952703949_d46ccf365b.jpg

:D

Yep, I have an 80cm one too, and the daylight rated lights that came with it aren't enough usually, so I do one of two things.... as shown above, a nice big angle poise lamp, and use the cameras white balance setting to offset the tungsten, or, I set it up in the conservatory with its big windows... loads of natural light from 3 sides, works a treat. So far only used for ebay bits, but quite determined to make an effort to do something a bit more artistic with it soon.

So far only used for ebay bits, but quite determined to make an effort to do something a bit more artistic with it soon.

What, like grapes or kiwis !?!?!?!

Yeah, i really gotta try and work harder to get some decent shots :LOL:

Back