Marco Simoncelli RIP

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
What can you say a great talent gone to waste. Tragic. :crying:

5833293569_7a5d8469b1_o.jpg

I hoped he would have gone far in Moto GP , a great loss .

He was on the verge of joining the aliens as Julian Ryder calls them(Rossi,Stoner,Lorenzo and Pedrosa) But with the very sad events of today we will no longer be watching one of the best fighters on track.
R.I.P Marco58.

My stomach actually turned when I saw the crash, what a horrible day for the sport. What makes it worse is it was such a freak accident, you could have that crash a hundred times and just slide off the track.

I agree he was maybe a season or two from being right up there with the aliens, shame as in my mind he would of been the natural successor to Rossi with regards to popularity.

RIP #58, keep it pinned

A friend of mine was at silverstone this year and all he saw was 46 tops and Simoncelli wigs. He did seem the natural successor to the Dr.

matt b said:
A friend of mine was at silverstone this year and all he saw was 46 tops and Simoncelli wigs. He did seem the natural successor to the Dr.

I was there and would agree with that, also at Leman race as well.

So so sad , terrible news , he was so entertaining to watch & destined for better & bigger things.

R.I.P Marco , my thoughts are with his family & friends & also with Colin & Valentino ...to be involved in that incident must leave a terrible mark on you

RIP to a man who entertained.

R.I.P. Marco our thoughts are with family and friend,
Thoughts also go out to Colin Edwards, Rossi & and all the teams.

Last edited:
Such a loss to the sport, loved watching him race he just didn't care who you were or how many world titles you have he was just coming past any way he could...quality

IMO it was his own skill that cost him, he was saving the slide on his knee and elbow but that kept the wheels on the ground and kept it turning, if he just let it go i think he would of been ok and slid into the gravel...

Marco was my "favourite", he's the guy I was rooting for all season, skilled and fearless racer, total character and all round good egg. I still can't quite believe he's gone.......

God bless you Marco.

I had the chance to meet Marco and spent the day taking photos for his sponsors. I posted some images here

It was a day I won't forget! Great guy, down to earth. Always smiling.

Still Gutted about him, gonna be a very sad day tomorrow. Loss of a great rider/entertainer!

Tragic, just tragic.

I was at Silverstone this year too and off the track my overarching memory is of a cacophony of noise only to turn round and see a bouncing trailor load of Simoncelli fans in wigs singing away as the tractor took them back to the campsite.

RIP #58.... ride fast in the sky.

Back