1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. It is with deepest regret that we announce the passing of one of our long-standing members, Gary Coyle.
    Many visitors will recognise both his work as a sports photographer, and his name as a prominent community member. He registered with Talk Photography back in 2006, not long after the start of the site and has been a regular contributor since.

It goes without saying that Gary will be sorely missed by many members, and his passing is a huge loss to the photography community.

Our thoughts are with his family at this time.

Funeral details :
    Dewsbury Crematorium
    Tuesday 13th September 2016 at 2pm.
    Afterwards at Batley IDLC (Batley Nash).
    All welcome.

There is also a discussion thread here if anyone wishes to add their own thoughts.

The Mod Team

Dismiss Notice
  1. Harrison~95

Harrison~95

Name:
    Alex
    Edit My Images:
    No
  2. Harrison~95

Harrison~95

Name:
    Alex
    Edit My Images:
    No
  3. Harrison~95

Harrison~95

Name:
    Alex
    Edit My Images:
    No
  4. jontydixon

jontydixon

Name:
    jonty
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I'm not the best person to comment - however as no one else has I will have a bash for you..

I like 3 & 6 nice shots with good motion and atmosphere..

for me the others are either too tightly cropped or not cropped enough (I'm always hearing on here for rule of 3rds) -

Number 1 would be ace if it had some cropping on it to make the speed stand out even more. Its a good action shot but for me personally needs to be more dynamic with the cropping

I do like number 2 but for me personally I don't like the blur on the riders helmet but I am sure that is just a matter of taste. I would also try firing a little bit of contrast into all of them to get some more depth?

As I first said - there are lots on here more qualified than me to judge - but I hope it helps a little?

5. D-pearce92

D-pearce92

Name:
    Dex
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Some good pans there mate. 2 3 and 4 for me. I agree with Jony that a couple are a bit to tight in the frame.

6. Harrison~95

Harrison~95

Name:
    Alex
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Thanks for your comments guys