Marigold Ice Unity

Name
Tomas
Edit My Images
No
I only just managed to do this job without breaking my arse!

There's a million things I'd do differently, time was such an issue as the ice hall is fully booked this time of year and there's no room for too much fiddlin, a shame really because I was having loadsa fun!
A backlight with these poses would have helped the separation but I didn't have any more flashes :(

T.
3022479795_cb9a717328_o.jpg

Last edited:
Bejezus! I wouldnt want to run into them in a dark alley :D

Like it a lot (y)

A backlight with these poses would have helped the separation but I didn't have any more flashes :(
Possibley, but I quite like the way they fade into the background,
Great expressions great image (y)

Bejezus! I wouldnt want to run into them in a dark alley :D

Like it a lot (y)

I know! I said to the girls "Give it you best" and then "GRRRRR!" Nearly cracked my lens!
Thanks Dee!!

Possibley, but I quite like the way they fade into the background,
Great expressions great image (y)

Cheers muchly! There's plenty more but I'll spare you from the bombardments :LOL:

Now what was your problem? You didn't have enough time with four fit young women? ;) I would suggest that you don't know when you are well off. All that and a jolly decent image as well. To exhaust my sympathy, you'll tell me some one put money in your hand for all this difficulty. ;) Well done.

Now what was your problem? You didn't have enough time with four fit young women? ;) I would suggest that you don't know when you are well off. All that and a jolly decent image as well. To exhaust my sympathy, you'll tell me some one put money in your hand for all this difficulty. ;) Well done.

:LOL::LOL: Nice one mate! Well I do give them a discount! :LOL:
I tell ya, if it weren't for these particular clients things would be very different for me round these parts, I'm more than grateful to them.

It is a toughie though when I have so many ideas to try and so many creases to iron and fitting in all the action shooting in as well! Pretty much all the shoots at the arena there's a hockey team steaming in before I have chance to pack my gear down. The last shoot a goalie swept one of my SB-28's off the bench onto the floor to take his seat! Impatient arse! There was quite nearly a brawl! and guess who wasn't wearin all the body armour type stuff?

Thanks for kind words Russ, and making me laugh!

I really like it but there is a dark patch on the middle girls forehead, looks a bit like fake tan gone wrong :)

Yeah your right, I think it may be a result of muscle tension, it's kinda giving a 'klingon' kinda look, I'll get rid of that! Cheers.

Great stuff, i think its spot on (apart from the dark bit on her head which now its been pointed out is really distracting) (y)

Great stuff, i think its spot on (apart from the dark bit on her head which now its been pointed out is really distracting) (y)

Cheers Ruth, it''s amazing how much can slip you by after sitting in front of a monitor all day. Either that or I am going blind!

Luke! cheers for the eagle eye mate! (y) klingon removed!

Last edited:
Very col Tomas.

Talented guy.

cheers mate!

I agree, its one of those shots where no back light does work, though would have been interesting to see a comparison. Great shot though (y)

Thanks Yv, I really would have loved just a couple of floor mounted flashes, maybe with a bit of deep blue or fiery orange for a backlight :love:
Two small probs, no more flashes and no time, I had to do 12 of these portraits, then 2 full team portraits and then team action shots all in 2 hours!
I'm really lucky I didn't fall on my bum!
It was a great oppurtunity to take the action shots on the ice though, the skaters we skating within a few feet of me! Great angles and great energy!
T.

i can just see you (even though i have no idea what you look like) slipping on the ice, and falling into a light stand with 3 flashes clipped to it.

nice image, can we see some action ones?

i can just see you (even though i have no idea what you look like) slipping on the ice, and falling into a light stand with 3 flashes clipped to it.

Worse than that, falling on my arse holding my camera! :|

nice image, can we see some action ones?

No problem, dirty quick edit though, I'm still chewin my way through the post on the portraits so this ere version won't be going out to the client with a WB like this! "The Simpsons"
_TDW4945II.jpg

Last edited:
Back