Market stall men

Forbiddenbiker

The Enforcer
Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
...are mostly very happy about their photo being taken...with the exception of just a few....which was nice.

All taken at Brick Lane market in London this morning. Aperture priority, centre weighted spot metering.. Arround 100sec at ISO200.

I did get carried away after the initial ease of progress, what with everyone just agreeing to be photographed so easily... so I ended up with about 50 faces in all....loads for the bin no doubt, but here’s 3 of the set that I actually liked straight away...as usual I've got carried away with the processing on some of them.

Hope you like them. C&C is always welcome.

Ronny. Not soft.
HardeyesTP.jpg

Michael. Responded to flattery...although sceptical.
HappyeyesTP.jpg

Murray. Non stop laughs with this chap.
BlueeyesTP.jpg

Thanks.

Nice shots. Ronny is a cracker - some tales to be told in that face!

No3 - the skin tones look very red Adam? This is where you tell me it's how he was which is sometimes the case with fair haired people. ;)

A good set of shots! Ronnie looks like he's just returned from a shift down the pit :LOL:

No3 - the skin tones look very red Adam? This is where you tell me it's how he was which is sometimes the case with fair haired people. ;)

yep, afraid so mate...in fact I had to turn him down quite a bit. :D Although I did have a bit of a colour profile problem today...Hmmm...If Michaels lips look normal then all is how it should be.

Thanks guys.

Great shots Adam (y)

Not sure if I have a fave out them all, but you can see the scepticism in the second ones face, well captured :D

Thanks Marcel. (y)

They're a bit over cooked for my liking.

Are they Pete...what even the middle one..?

I feel I am over processing all my shots at the moment...a learning curve I guess, I kind of like the impact type look...but after seeing, as it happens, CT's wonderful squirrel shots yesterday I know I've got to reverse slightly and calm down.

Anybody else feel the same as Pete about these shots..? Please. :D

I *think* like me you've been inspired by Diego's shots and are trying to get similar results? I don't know enough to accurately describe whats wrong with them but I do feel that there is something a little ott. I had similar issues with some of Diego's shots. The black/white/grey levels are too extreme at a guess. They do bring out the detail but at the expense of realism.

I can see where Pete is coming from as we have had this debate and it is down to the shadow highlight tool which need only go to 10 ish imo when trying to bring out the detail in the face.

Personally,I think you are on the right road and you have learn to over egg the pudding before you get where you want your pictures to look.(y)

I have had a quick play, mainly with the levels.

One tip for eye detail is use flash but watch for glasses boucing it back.

Excuse the delay in answering guys...I’ve had Manflue ;) for the passed few days, just clearing now...sniff, dribble....Question; why is it Manflue is 10times worse than Womenflue. ;)

Pete; Yeah, your quite right with the inspiration bit, Diego's shots and others.

They do bring out the detail but at the expense of realism.

Good point. I can clearly see that aspect of portrait photography or any shot I guess, although to me I often find the image far more interesting and rewarding if the *character* of the face .. or any subject had been attenuated and exaggerated.
A true copy of the original it is not...But it is still a true image of the face I think....just not the original lighting.

Saying that I do like Diego’s lighter version. :LOL: ...hay :shrug: my heads on burnout overload, don't know what I'm thinking.

I can see where Pete is coming from as we have had this debate and it is down to the shadow highlight tool which need only go to 10 ish imo when trying to bring out the detail in the face.

I don't have that tool, im using the Optikverve add-on tool with the green shift slider....don't ask me how that works, I just fiddle till I'm happy.

Thanks for your efforts Diego, I like the lighter version of Ronny, but I personally don't like the other two as much as my originals....although they're growing on me. (y)

I think I'd prefer to see the 'Ronny' pic processed about halfway between the two featured here.
Great shots though...

I like this over-processed style. If I was to criticise (who!, me?) I would prefer a little bit more space around the subjects so they are not so much (for want of a better expression) in your face.

#1? - Well 'ard!

#1? - Well 'ard!

I recon, I know of Ronny from years ago when I used to do the same market. (Selling collectables I used to call it...many thought it was just junk though. ;) ) He used to collect the market stall fees back then, and wasn't worried about speaking his intentions if a new stall holder gave him any grief....yep, defiantly not soft our Ron...very generous with the pub rounds as well, if I remember correctly...funny what you remember init. :D

Very useful thread for me. If I get any energy later I'll try and do Ronny again....halfway sounds good to me as well Rob.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Back