"Marking" Images in camera

Name
Steven
Edit My Images
No
evening all

just wondering the following scenario

I am out taking pictures, say into the hundreds but want to mark some to be able to view quickly on PC/Laptop etc

whats the best way to do this so that as soon as I plug in the camera to laptop up pops the card and in there it shows all images with some kind of info to show the ones I have marked for review

hope that makes sense, seen it done but not sure how or which was is best

Thanks in advance

You want to mark the images in the camera, presumably after reviewing on the LCD? I can't be sure for Nikon, but I've not come across anything like this.

Download to PC, import to Lightroom and you have Quick Collection, Flag and Rating to help you quickly sort through images after you've downloaded them.

yeah, I guess "flag" is a better word to use for them

just wondered how people did it so they could access one picture that may stand out quicker than the rest asa soon as its connected to computer.laptop etc

Is there not a way of creating folders in your cf cards?:):shrug:

there is yeah

will describe the scenario I seen last week, working with the press togs at a premiership game, i was running cards back and forth.

the togs when a goal went in would flick back through cards, then "mark/flag" the pictures they think are good

editor in the office then takes those pictures quickly without copying the whole card

Can you not ask them how it's done. I think it'll be body dependant if you can do it though...

I can but doubt I will be back anytime soon :LOL:

only really thought about it after the event

not sure about on the d300 Steven but on D3 there is button by the LCD screen with a Key icon, you can use this to lock or "tag" the images then depending on your software you can get it to show only tagged shots when ingested :)

Using photo mechanic you can injest only locked photos and as photo mechanic is one of the main software for sports togs i would presume thats yer answer :)

Thanks for the answers guys

I have the lock option but wasnt sure on how they only displayed locked pics, software Kipax mentioned explains things though, thanks for that

Back