Markins Tripod Heads

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
I've had a Gitzo traveller tripod for quite some time - but have always been using it with an oversized manfrotto head. I don't think i should delay buying the Markins Q3T QR anymore.

The main reason I've been apprehensive of buying is the massive difference in price for EU customers.

Do buy direct from markins europe it costs about £304

However in the US and Asia it only costs £191.

There seem to be a load on ebay all in South Korea

Has anyone had any experience of buying them on ebay from S.Korea - are they legit? Prices on ebay range from £170-£190.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Markins-Q3TR-Q-Traveler-Lever-Release-Q3-QTR-Head-NEW-/170514488809?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b3749de9

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Markins-Q-Ball-Q3-Traveler-Head-Lever-Quickshoe-/320666611365?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa9382ea5

I am fairly sure that they are manufactured in South Korea, probably why you are seeing so many there.

By the time that you add shipping, duty, VAT and the fee for sorting the duty to the US price you would not be far away from the EU price.

I have had my eye on the Arca Swiss PO LINK looks a simple and lightweight option.

I would suggest whichever you chose go for the screw lock rather than the QR lever on the quick release plate. The screw lock is a positive clamp, the levers take a fair bit of fiddling to get spot on. I have both and much prefer the screw locking knob to the lever cam jobby.

I have had my eye on the Arca Swiss PO LINK looks a simple and lightweight option.

I would suggest whichever you chose go for the screw lock rather than the QR lever on the quick release plate. The screw lock is a positive clamp, the levers take a fair bit of fiddling to get spot on. I have both and much prefer the screw locking knob to the lever cam jobby.

thanks

Will take it into account.

Was under the impression it would be quicker to flick a lever to release than screw around

Back