MarkLP'S '52' Thread 2010: Week 6 - Present

Yeah I guess I was kinda quick with this one!

Yes I suppose motorsports are my kind of thing, but it was my first atempt with my new camera, it certainly took some getting used too, and it was only a 28-135 lens still waiting to get my 70-200!

I see what you mean with regards to the composition, although I wanted to make the car flow through the photo, showing where it had come from. I did try a crop the other way but didn't really think it worked.

Well done for making a boring kerb look interesting :clap:

As a motorsport shooter myself I haven't shot drifting but looking at others it looks hard to capture. Shame about the background, nice angle well caught just needed more tyre smoke.

(y)

Nicely done on both of them Mark... that kerb is very good... Love the drift in there.

Thankyou for all the comments. Sorry I don't have much time to view other peoples 52 thread let alone comment :( I will try and make some time to go through them.

In the meantime I've just managed to quickly grab this

Week 6 - Present

Week%206%20-%20Present.jpg

Week 5 is excellent... I love attending drifting events myself and would love to get into the sport. It is indeed very hard to capture these in focus so great effort :)

Week 6.....Very well done for thinking that up. Looks brilliant and fits the theme perfectly (y)

Nice idea for present. I would just like to lose the white corners, but that would mean a reshoot as you'd lose too much with a crop here.

Mark, that's nicely executed and pretty inventive too, mate. It would have been ordinary at a different angle, but the composition is bang on.

Thanks guys! I chose that photo from about 5 different other angles, it seemed to be the only one that looked OK.

To be honest the drifting shot is pretty pants, by my own standards anyway. I've photographed drifting all last season, and hopefully with a uprated camera and lens I should be looking for some better shots this season :)

In the meantime I've just managed to quickly grab this

A nice grab! Needs a little polishing to really make the most of it (lose the corners as commented, not too keen on the marker that looks like it was running out a bit and writing's not the best), but a cracking idea. Very good! :)

Good take on the theme, angle works well and great ripping skills :D

Fantastic idea and nicely carried out too. That's a piece of real precision ripping and lovely vibrant colours in the paper that you chose.

As mentioned already I'm not keen on the white corners - and I think the marker pen let's it down a bit. I would have preferred to see it printed out in a nice black script - neither of these detract too much from the shot though. It's still worked very well.

Speed's a good shot - I've photographed drifting a few times and it isn't the easiest of things to capture well! :)

I like Present too - nice bright colours and a good take on the theme :)

Ooo that's clever. Nicely lit and composed.
(how did you tear it so neatly?)

A very good idea Mark, nice and vibrant too... Just need to lose the corners, but it works as a grab and fits the theme...

Superb shot for Street - really like this one.

Great idea for Present Mark. Agree with Darren and John though - about the corners - other than that a nice simple but vibrant shot.

Back