Marks on negs

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
Took my film to a new place in the week, nice and cheap , but I noticed some marks on the scans, which turned out to be marks on the emulsion side of the negs, any idea what could've caused it so i can let the mini-lab guy know.

This scan shows it best,

cnv000312.jpg

Those squiggly bits are on most of the neg with a small clear strip running through the middle(ish)

Once I had something similar using Tesco (you could see it on their prints but thinner than yours and looked like written code)...anyway they said the engineer would be informed esp after I enlarged the area and gave them a home print. Well they gave me my money back, and the problem disappeared when I used then again, so it was the machine.

Looks like dirt on the rollers, not much you can do except ask for a refund, do lots of Photoshopping and never use them again..

Have you tried re-washing them ? sometimes the chemicals can get 'gloopy' stuff in them, which can end up on the neg. If it was towards the end of the process, it may wash off.

scan them first, then re-wash them - hopefully it's just the stabliser that's dried a bit iffy with roller marks in it. What do you have to lose ?

Back