Marmite or just rubbish?

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
A shot from Harewood Hillclimb Golden Jubilee. Unfortunately my poor panning didn't let me get a nice sharp capture of this car. After a bit of extreme tinkering in Lightroom, I came up with this, and wondered what peoples thoughts were regarding the outcome?

Harewood-7.jpg

Cheers

It's different, clone in sharp lettering and badges and nobody will ever know:D

I quite like it. Needs a bit more room on the lhs and get rid of the stuff in the bg so its plain black.

I like it, especially as you have the main silhouette outlined ion the car, so you can still clearly make out what it is

It has an almost illustration look to it, but i think it looks fabulous

rpsmith79 said:
It has an almost illustration look to it, but i think it looks fabulous

Looking at it in my iPhone rather than a proper monitor, but I really like it for this reason.

It's different, clone in sharp lettering and badges and nobody will ever know:D

This^^^^ or just remove them entirely to emphasise the beautiful lines.

I quite like it. Needs a bit more room on the lhs and get rid of the stuff in the bg so its plain black.

^^^^this too, just a touch if you have the room.

Other than that, I think this is pretty damned cool actually, print it big stuff it on the wall and enjoy (y)

Thanks very much, glad I wasn't alone in thinking this might be ok. Have cloned out the stickering on the side, and have given as much room as I could to the left of the car. Got to try and just do something with the outline of the number on the car, and will experiment with darkening the background further, though I thought leaving it in a touch kept the movement of the car relevent in the shot.
Many thanks for the comments!

Another thumbs up from me, just a little more 'tweaking' and it's a hanger for sure

.DAVID.

I love it (I do like Marmite as well if that has anything to do with it? :D )

Like others have said, I'd probably consider getting rid of the background and maybe the coloured stickers on the car. Even without those changes it's stunning.

I'm on my laptop so it's difficult to be sure, but I'd like it more if the background was even darker, virtually black all over.

Back