Marsh Harriers Spain Migration

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Just got back from nine days at our home in Cadiz province. During our time we did quite a bit of raptor watching. Great time at the moment as its the return migration and loads of bird and raptors are returning.

19 raptor species seen, 14 photographed. Not as many as September when we totalled 21 photographed but still fantastic time was had.

My favourite type are harriers and this set are some of the Marsh Harriers. Young Males, adult male and adult female. The young males look similar to females.

Slight Photoshop done but nothing special. Hope you like them.

These three were straight into the sun with very slight crop. She was by the car window. Great bird hang around the area for a couple of days before moving north. Will work on them more these were done quickly.
MarshHarrier3.jpg

MarshHarrier2.jpg

MarshHarrier.jpg

4 Adult male hunting.
MarshHarrierMalehunting.jpg

5 Last years Male multing.
MarshyoungMale.jpg

6 Marsh Harrier hovering.
MarshHarrierHover.jpg

One of my favourite birds...have you tried playing with the levels to try and bring some of the under-bird detail out?

Also, regarding your comment about September being busier.......it would be, as the newly born youngsters add to the adults passing through!

Look forward to seeing any more

Yep best for now. When Im not so tiered ill have a proper go. position on the female was against me, shotting straight into the sun and same on last. Full size they are quite detailed. Not the best but my favorites on the ones I have reviewed.

On September, yes its always busier. All most species heading back and yes the young are also around.

Next raptor shots will be close encounters with Black Kites, then Griffon Vultures:) or other way round

Back