Martini Glass

Very nice... but you gave up with your brush work at the bottom of glass. :D very patchy grey from bottom to half way.

I had 2 soft boxes almost facing each other just behind the glass shooting through an extra diffuser. One light with snoot plus honeycomb coming from behind the glass over the top, shooting back towards camera to pick the rim of the glass out. Then just strategically placed white paper to reflect in. Quite a bit of tweaking till I was happy with highlights.

This is what I'm seeing on bright laptop not seeing the same on phone.

Set as private on my Flickr and I will delete once you confirm you can see what I am :D

Capture

I'm not on flickr so I can't see that link, but I guess you are referring to the background not being solid black? I didn't have a very good back drop so was just tweaking blacks to get it how I wanted it. I'll do a bit more retouching and sort it out though now you see it! haha

I was a bit confused as to what Tintin124 meant at first but when I sent a version to my iPhone I saw what he was talking about. That's really worrying! On my macbook pro screen that shot looked fine, on an iPhone screen it was all patchy as said. I think I've sorted it now but it's got me worried about sending out images that are not seen the same by others as they are by me?!! Anyone have any advice on this?

I was a bit confused as to what Tintin124 meant at first but when I sent a version to my iPhone I saw what he was talking about. That's really worrying! On my macbook pro screen that shot looked fine, on an iPhone screen it was all patchy as said. I think I've sorted it now but it's got me worried about sending out images that are not seen the same by others as they are by me?!! Anyone have any advice on this?

Is your monitor calibrated? I found that it was patchy on my calibrated screen and completely fine on the phone. printing it out may have highlighted the issue too or maybe using lightroom background as black to show you true black may also have highlighted it.

As promised removed from my Flickr... sorry should have been a bit more specific.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up, not calibrated my monitor, only bought it a couple of months ago and kind of just presumed it would be about right for a while! Will get on that asap!

Back