weekly Marvins large format 52

Hi Asha,
thanks for the reply. I'll be working more on wet plate soon and may post here.
Cheers,
Mart

Hi Marvin, please do post here. Wet plate is so outside most people's experience that I suspect most feel unqualified to comment, but that doesn't mean people aren't looking and appreciating it; I do.

It's just I don't have a clue what to say beyond "fantastic"!

Thanks Mark,
it's great to know that people are interested in wet plate. Unfortunately the scans just don't do them justice, you need to hold and see them in person to get the effect, or its just my scanning is cr*p.
Mart

Week 9,
weather not good enough for wet plate work, so its still 4x5 film.
6805478226_a160f32e5d_b.jpg
[/url] graves by Marvin d martian100, on Flickr[/IMG]

Mart

Oh I like that!!! Nice DoF that makes the gravestone stand out despite the busy background.

Funny isn't it; I was about to say "needs a little straighten possibly", but with film that's obviously not so simple, and in fact it's these little "flaws" that make it so appealing still.

Nice shot!

Yes I like it very much too(y)
The lighting on the gravestone falls perfectly for showing the words
As Mark says the DOF keeps the busy background at bay....Overall a very nice shot(y)

I'm presuming the 1 7 2 4 on the clock tower relates the year of the building?
Having now committed myself to shooting 52 different cameras over my own 52 film challenge, I found myself out today grabbing some shots, one of which ironically was of clock towers/faces.....I'm pretty darned sure mine won't look as good as your shot does!
Nice to see that your still posting on here Mart, I look forward to seeing more of it including more wet plate work as and when you get to do some.

Thanks Asha, yes the 1721 is the date. Yes still posting but it might slow down a bit over the next 2 weeks due to work.

Mart

Great detail and contrast to that graveyard shot, I need to take my 4x5 out as soon as I get back to Blighty.

Back