Masked In Venice

InaGlo

TPer Emerita
Name
Glo
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a few from my trip to this year's Venice carnival.

Be warned though ... I have plenty more! :D

Venice-2008-098-1-save-4-we.jpg

Venice189-save-4-web.jpg

CopyofVenice2008115websize.jpg

Venice20080461websize.jpg

Naw don't bother posting any more Glo........

As its gonna be bloody difficult to beat these :D :clap:

Great stuff - super sharp. I like the compositions of #1 and #3.

Those are some great looking costumes. Didn't know masks could look so good.

Lovely(y)(y) Nicely exposed pics and great compo and colours. Me like very much:woot:

These are excellent Glo :clap: Fantastic colours, wish I could get to something like that (y)

crikey Glo
those are stunning!
guess I'm not surprised - the hands are beautifully posed
excellent stuff (y)

Fascinating! No1 and No3 are the ones for me, but they're all good.

Very nice.

I've been to Venice but never for Carnevale.

Did you have a costume too?

Loved these last year, and not dissapointed this year :) great set.

:agree: great set

Nice Set, I took 100's when I was there at Carnival time as well, it's a wonderful time to go to Venice.

Number 3 for me :)

Great work Glo - you've even managed to go one better than last year imo! No 3 tops it for me - great combination of colours!

3 & 4 for me, fascinating subject, well taken.

Cut off 'hat' doesn't work so well in 2, but OK in 1.

Not sure about the bottom 'globe' in 1, but works well enough with it cropped.

Good ones, Glo, It's a fantastic event. Did you have to give them any tips, and did you give in to the bag men!!??

George

PS the windows on the 2nd one look a bit like Harry's bar,:LOL::LOL:

Simply stunning again Glo.......... How did you find the event this year?

Welcome back Glo :wave: - I missed you on Monday night:)

This set are stunning - I do hope you are going to print them off and bring with you next week x

very nice set Glo, hope the wellies didn't leak :)

nice set there glo (y)
lovely colours (y)

OMG these are fantastic.......I remember your others from before.

The colours are fantastic and all brilliantly sharp.
Doesnt get much better than this. (y)

yay i've been waiting for these! was going to PM you and ask if you'd been yet. i would love to see more :) one day i shall go to carnivale :D great photos!

Thanks ever so muchly for the feedback peeps (y)
All comments really appreciated as Im never too sure about posting these... well I know the masks give some folks the willies and this sort of thing doesnt appeal to everyone!

I see you use a 5d. How do you find it as im after one.
I love my 5D, I think it really comes into its own for people shots, but as its my first DSLR, Im kind of biased :D

Good to see you back Glo, some gorgeous shots there (the masks scare me a little though :LOL:)
:
Thanks muchly Mike ....I wont post any more until youre back to sleeping with the light off ;)

Very nice.

I've been to Venice but never for Carnevale.

Did you have a costume too?
I didnt have a costume, I promised myself I would dress up but I never got around to it.
Ill post a pic of the costume winner when Ive sorted through the shots.

Cut off 'hat' doesn't work so well in 2, but OK in 1.

Not sure about the bottom 'globe' in 1, but works well enough with it cropped.

You know, now you point it out, I can see the cut off hat in 2 should have been cropped lower. Its so difficult not to want to get all of the gorgeous finery in the shot and I admit that on several ocasions any idea of composition went well out of the window, its also very often a real fight to get a prime position.

Good ones, Glo, It's a fantastic event. Did you have to give them any tips, and did you give in to the bag men!!??

No, no tips George... I kept away from the people who 'dress up to beg' and concentrated on the ones who are passionate about the carnival ... though Charlie Chaplin deserves the many Euros he collects!

Nooo, no bag men for me, I was too busy slathering against the glass of the Gucci shop window in between shots! :LOL:

Lovely Lovely Lovely. Great work Number 3 for me. I so want to go to Venice now. (I did before, but even more now). (y)

yay i've been waiting for these! was going to PM you and ask if you'd been yet. i would love to see more :) one day i shall go to carnivale :D great photos!

Thanks peeps ... wouldnt it be great if we could have a TPF meet at next year's event.
The atmosphere is so electric ... every bit as much for the photography as for the event its self.

Hey Glo,
It's not like you to take good pic's. :LOL:

Only joking, marvellous images. :clap:

Thanks peeps ... wouldnt it be great if we could have a TPF meet at next year's event.
The atmosphere is so electric every bit as much for the photography as for the event its self.

I like your thinking young lady!
when is it next year? - got to start planning

Fab piccies Glo (y)

Number 3 is my favourite (y)

Thanks Deb, tis mine too ... but theres more to come! ;)

Hey Glo,
It's not like you to take good pic's. :LOL:

Only joking, marvellous images. :clap:
What d'ya mean Mike :bat:
Actually ... youre right ... I resemble that remark! :LOL:

I like your thinking young lady!
when is it next year? - got to start planning

Mike, would be fabulous if a few/several of us could swing it.
The carnivale is always in January/early February ... plenty of time to get planning! :D

well I'm up for it and SWMBO loves Venice!!!

Excellent Glo! The first one is my favourite, the colours are excellent and the background complements the subject beautifully.

yea- no chance of beating those any day! They are all super stunning, all clear, full of colour & superb realism. wow xxxx

Back