master printer

it is indeed !
I saw this a few days ago ...
I never thought to post it here though :bonk:

Thanks for posting (y)

Loved it, thanks posting it yours gwh

Get with the beat baggy, I posted that days ago in another thread, you even replied to the thread after I posted it!:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Post9

Well, I don't care who posted it first... Im just glad someone did! :)

Its marvellous, and has also explained to me just how dodging and burning was done in film days which I had always wondered.

Fantastic stuff and photography and prints to die for (y)

It's also a reminder that every fine print is an original. A printer can make notes regarding burning in and holding back certain areas but in the end no two are exactly alike. Tough prints can take ages with masks and filters required, flash fogging some parts, bleaching, dying, etc.

Last edited:
Bloody fantastic is that. What stunning images as well as stunning skill to produce them.

Andy

A couple of things struck me about the video, first, I like the way he bulldog clipped prints to the gallery wall. Framing is a personal matter and glass always gets in the way of a print, even if it's necessary long term.
Second is the trust people have in him and the confidence he has in his own method. A negative is an odd combination of fragility that demands sensitive but robust handling, and some of those photos took years to achieve and have a photographer's reputation hanging on them. When you consider a Diane Arbus print went for top side of $400,000 a few years ago, and the negatives are literally irreplaceable, there's a lot of responsibility comes with his creative day job.

Back