Masters of Vision

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a 'heads-up':

Masters of Vision is a major national landscape photography exhibition coming to Nottinghamshire in July 2015. Seven photographers will be exhibiting their incredible images within the glorious architectural setting of Southwell Minster Cathedral.

http://mastersofvision.co.uk/

Some cracking pics in there. Esp. those of trees.

Ends tomorrow, and I haven't been yet.... Hmmm, nearly two hours away....

Well, I went yesterday afternoon, the weather person promising such a dreadful afternoon anyway. Luckily I was mostly ahead of the rain on the way, and very soon out of the rain on the way back.

I wish I'd gone earlier. I wish you could all go! I wish I could have spent much longer. I wish I'd taken my glasses (not to see the pictures, but to read the various texts). I thought it was wonderful.

This is, I think, the first exhibition I've been to the showed bodies of work from top photographers. It's an eye opener. Mark Littlejohn's winning image was there, wonderfully printed at something like 30" square. Nothing I'd seen of it on my little computer screen prepared me for it.

And the place, too. Southwell seems quite a sleepy small town. What's it doing with a church about 100 yards long? Magnificent place, huge presence, great atmosphere. They were singing evensong while I was there, with what sounded like an extempore organ solo to close. That added a great deal to the exhibition, IMHO.

Back