Match Booking Accepted

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
4 hrs before kick off.. thats a joke :(

We hae deadlines to apply.. surely there should be a deadline to let us know.. same day isn't good.. 4 hrs before KO for wigan.. and thats after i sent a reminder the night before ..

Been here a few times. Had one earlier this season that was accepted with less than two hours to kick off and that was after a couple of emails, then a phone call to verify.

Been here a few times. Had one earlier this season that was accepted with less than two hours to kick off and that was after a couple of emails, then a phone call to verify.

i let my paper know this morning and they said go anyway.. you will gte in there wont be anyone else there... (checkatrade trophy) which is OK but if the narky steward doesnt have you on car park list or jobsorth at reception doesn't have you then :(

Similar problem for me.. but but different... have few games to cover in the States... so need to book flights, hotels (not to mention tell clients I can deliver images) - and accreditation can be at the earliest be guaranteed 3 days before the game...
I know that’s plenty for domestic media... but coming from abroad..would be nice to have bit of extra time.

For me it's more a pain than a problem.. In 10 years of having a licence I ahve only been sort of refused once and apparently that was a mistake soon sorted and pass given.... But theres always that first time ? .. how do you make travel plans or put a plan B into place if a BIG game turns you down.. at last minute...

Really.. deadlines to apply ..so should be deadlines to notify us....

For me it's more a pain than a problem.. In 10 years of having a licence I ahve only been sort of refused once and apparently that was a mistake soon sorted and pass given.... But theres always that first time ? .. how do you make travel plans or put a plan B into place if a BIG game turns you down.. at last minute...

Really.. deadlines to apply ..so should be deadlines to notify us....

Not sure if this applies to football too much.. as there is lots of space at the end lines ... but in indoor sports like basketball, there is limited number of spaces on the baseline .. and the teams are obliged to wait until the last minute to hear if the big agencies want to attend.
And they sometimes only make the decision to attend or not.. in the last 24 hours or so.

So there are deadlines for freelancers to apply ... but that doesn't apply to bigger agencies who can choose where to attend.

But as said.. not probably that much of an issue at a footy game.. where you have space for more photographers...

4 hrs before kick off.. thats a joke :(

We hae deadlines to apply.. surely there should be a deadline to let us know.. same day isn't good.. 4 hrs before KO for wigan.. and thats after i sent a reminder the night before ..

We had this for the Liverpool v Huddersfield game!, accreditation was requested for one photographer, (there are usually 2 of us but I know how it works there!), & was covering for the Huddersfield Examiner, guess what!, yep accreditation refused :eek:

Every tom dick & harry agencies allowed in but not the away team's official papers photographer!!

Took a phone call from the papers editor to gain entrance.
This was Friday afternoon.

What I'm saying is if someone puts you in for it, with DataCo you should be fine no questions asked.

What I'm saying is if someone puts you in for it, with DataCo you should be fine no questions asked.

read the thread... obviously not.. people do get refused applications...all the time...... the thread was about the TIME they respond.. if its hrs before the match its useless to a working photogrpaher as you dont have time to find another match

and another thing.. How come journolists with a pen and pad always get a car park pass but photogrpahers with heavy case and bag don't .. well not every time ..

After having that happen to me once at a horse event I told the organiser that I wouldn't attend unless I got parking close
to the arena, after that I always do

and another thing.. How come journolists with a pen and pad always get a car park pass but photogrpahers with heavy case and bag don't .. well not every time ..

There's a reason that they're called blunts. It's nothing to do with pencils, it's because it rhymes with....

oh dear :( having requested a pass for coventry this saturday and given the option to tick car aprking.. was a bit miffed to get this today (pass accepted ok)

>There is no media parking available.... If you wish to pay for parking, Car Park C has spaces available for £5 and they do provide receipts for you to claim back.

So i reply stating i am suprised we are given the option to apply for parking when there is none.. i then ask for more informatuion on the paid parking.. i send this to the media email in the letter i recieved.. only to get this back

Hello,

I've left my role at Coventry City FC to take up another opportunity elsewhere.

For any media-related requests, please contact the club directly on 02476 991987.

for a decent size club its all a bit shoddy and now i have a day to find parking

ADDY ON BIT
FOUND the parking on the website and its actually £10.20 for a space :(

ADDY ON BIT 2
So apparently the press collection area opens at 12.30
Press passes are available from the VIP Collection window in the Main Entrance at the Ricoh Arena.
This opens at 12:30pm for a 3pm kick-off

But the car park they tell you to book into for media doesn't open until 2pm
Open : Saturday 10 February 2018 1400

Should I laugh or Should I cry ?

Last edited:
oh dear :( having requested a pass for coventry this saturday and given the option to tick car aprking.. was a bit miffed to get this today (pass accepted ok)

So i reply stating i am suprised we are given the option to apply for parking when there is none.. i then ask for more informatuion on the paid parking.. i send this to the media email in the letter i recieved.. only to get this back

for a decent size club its all a bit shoddy and now i have a day to find parking

ADDY ON BIT
FOUND the parking on the website and its actually £10.20 for a space :(

ADDY ON BIT 2
So apparently the press collection area opens at 12.30

But the car park they tell you to book into for media doesn't open until 2pm

Should I laugh or Should I cry ?

Ill be down near Coventry this Saturday If you want me to sit in your car for a couple of hours while you wait for car park to open?

Am pretty sure it will be open before 2pm but its the whole shambles of the thing.. dissorganised..

Back