Matching Colour for print

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I was wondering if there was any advice on getting these two images to match background wise.

Light would have been moved along with the paper at the taking image stage.

It was a bit hectic getting these.

I am thinking of getting them printed on acrylic panels.

Don't think they will look to bad as they are but just thought there might be a way.

I have Photoshop.

On a side note. Does anyone have any experience with acrylic I'm slightly concerned the white face might blow out ?

Gaz

fdMjUMp.jpg

5GpM5MP.jpg

None too sure but .....

Using a colour picker to determine the RGB values for pink BG that you wish to match to and then transposing that value to do a colour fill on the other images BG???

None too sure but .....

Using a colour picker to determine the RGB values for pink BG that you wish to match to and then transposing that value to do a colour fill on the other images BG???
Thanks. I'll give it a whirl.

Gaz

I'd start opening the image in camera raw, select the pink colour and reduce the luminance. Then if needed boost the vibrance or saturation slightly.
Hi Elliottt.

Thanks for your advice.

I did not see it before I tried the above suggestion. Which seems to have evened things out quite nicely.

@Box Brownie
Thanks, your advice worked out better than the way I was approaching the task.

It is close enough for me.

Thanks again.

Gaz

rvtbP03.jpg

8zDBJrb.jpg

Last edited:
Just an quick update.

I did get theses printed on Acrylic panels 12x12. They came out really great. It has been my experiance that photos behind acrylic blocks or panels really does enhance the quality of the images.

I use Dscl so can't comment on other providers.

Gaz

Just an quick update.

I did get theses printed on Acrylic panels 12x12. They came out really great. It has been my experiance that photos behind acrylic blocks or panels really does enhance the quality of the images.

I use Dscl so can't comment on other providers.

Gaz
Thanks for the update :)

Good to know they turned so well, could you perhaps show a picture or two of what they look like?

@Box Brownie

Hi

I gave them out as gifts to the owner. I will get them to take a snap of them when I see them. It will be a phone snap though.

Gaz

Back