Daily Matt_Wright's 366 Challenge -Day 41 added

That last one is very simple but surprisingly effect (y) a fine way to round off your second week on this challenge, I still smile each time I see that photo of your niece when I open this thread though (y)

Matt

Day 15
All Saints Church, Maidstone

Jan 15th by mattwright87, on Flickr

Taken about Midday at All Saints Church Maidstone.

The sky was absolutely beautiful - (and although it may look enhanced - the only processing I have done to it is to give it a slight sharpening and boost the blacks slightly!)

It was also shot using a Circular Polariser.

Thanks

Matt

I love a good bit of shallow DOF so this thread hasn't dissapointed me so far! Some good shots in here, keep it up! :)

ACW said:
I love a good bit of shallow DOF so this thread hasn't dissapointed me so far! Some good shots in here, keep it up! :)

Thanks. A lot of them are being forced to be shallow depth of field as its dark by the time I get home and macro is a good low light option.
Glad you like then

Matt

Day 16
Fire

Jan 16th by mattwright87, on Flickr

i kind of liked the 3 layers to this picture
The Guard with the burining colas behind and then the roaring flames at the back

Thanks

Matt

Day 17
A Sudoku Cube

Jan 17th by mattwright87, on Flickr
Not the best shot i have ever produced. But i left for work at half 6 this morning and got back and half 9 this eve (bloomin parents eve)! So it had to be a quick one!

Day 17
A Sudoku Cube

Jan 17th by mattwright87, on Flickr
Not the best shot i have ever produced. But i left for work at half 6 this morning and got back and half 9 this eve (bloomin parents eve)! So it had to be a quick one!

I've got a Parent's Evening on Thursday: giving serious consideration to trying to snap off a couple of candids :)

I've got a Parent's Evening on Thursday: giving serious consideration to trying to snap off a couple of candids :)

I bet you could get some very different and interesting facial expressions!!

loving the pics mat, the church is a particular favourite

Day 20
A sign on our downstairs toilet door

Jan 20th by mattwright87, on Flickr

Hope you enjoy

Thanks very much for all the lovely comments so far

Matt

Day 21 (the weekend is here so i am making the most of being able to shoot outdoors)
Snowdrops in my garden

Day 21 by mattwright87, on Flickr

Thanks

Matt

I love the colours on the day 19 (y) the colours are great and the focus is spot on, also I just love flower photo's anyway (y)

Matt

Thanks it was quite a bit of effort that photo. Mainly because i couldnt fill the whole background with somehting black. Originally it was shot with a window about 8m behind it - but i kept getting glare from it.

I had to resort to getting the remote clicker out to fire the shot - and to stand in the back of the photo holding up my others half's black cardigan!!

Day 22
A shot from the churchyard in Boughton Monchelsea nr Maidstone (where i will be getting married in June)

Day 22 by mattwright87, on Flickr

Many Thanks

Matt

Day 23
Probably my least favourite of my images so far....
.....I did however like the variety of the colours on the brush and the contrast between the metal handle and the soft brush!

Day 23 by mattwright87, on Flickr

Day 24
After saying yesterdays photo was my least favourite (i acutally quite like it now) - I can say that this is definalty my least favourite

I was trying to give a shallow depth of field - but still retain a good sense of the swirling pattern being repeated down the drill bit

Thoughts appreciated!

Matt

Jan 24th by mattwright87, on Flickr

Day 25

I should probably think about dusting the TV soon!! I tried to catch the relfection of '25' in the tv - worked allright (not the best) - i think i will try some reflection shots again soon!

Day 25 by mattwright87, on Flickr

Day 26
Another week - another parents evening. Meaning a exhausting long day - and a very quick shot when home
This is the logo of my running club 'Maidstone Harriers'

Day 26 by mattwright87, on Flickr

Last edited:
Day 27 possible

[Edit - photo 1, 2 and 3 now removed from here to prevent clogging up the page with unneccessary photos - thanks to all those who commented and discussed photos]

or 4 (with dads 4th shot on the green!)

untitled-1-2.jpg by mattwright87, on Flickr

Both taken whilst playing gol today (still on the course now - there are some very slow people today)
Number two is just a crop of 1
Everything done on phone so obviously need to check at home on pc

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Love the dust in day 25! :LOL: Can't decide which I prefer for 27. I like both. I think I'm leaning more towards the 1st, though

Love the dust in day 25! :LOL: Can't decide which I prefer for 27. I like both. I think I'm leaning more towards the 1st, though

Thanks - i have got home now and slightly edited them (cropped, strightened etc) on LR3 and added a 3rd (and 4th) picture.

I know my favourite - but would appreciate peoples thoughts?

Last edited:
Ok, 3 and 4 are my new favourites. I'll go with 3, because there doesn't seem to be much in them

Ok, 3 and 4 are my new favourites. I'll go with 3, because there doesn't seem to be much in them

There is not much difference in them really - the only difference being one was taken before my dad took his shot - and the other after my dada took his shot.
Hence the ball on the green!

Cheers

Matt

Looks like a great building is it actually on the course :thinking: also it may just be me but they all look like they could use a small amount of CCW rotation :thinking:

Matt

Thanks Matt - well its not on the course (as in your not going to it it with the ball). But you play about 3 holes running alongside the mote surrounding the castle.

Im not sure about rotation - i think 1,2,3 could do with it. But i am happy with 4 (it was a different image - 1,2,3 same image just different crops).

In terms of which one to put forward for day 27 i am going my 4th image

Day 27

Day 27 - Leeds Caslte Golf by mattwright87, on Flickr

Thanks

Day 21 is just gorgeous.

I like it too - i played around with a few different DOF - but i think i nailed this one

Matt

Day 29
An overcast and dull day today. But seeing as it is a weekend i wanted to make the most of being able to do outdoor photography - even if the weather is perhaps not favourable.

I really like the different colours in the logs and also the texture of the bark on the logs

Day 29- Woodpile by mattwright87, on Flickr

Thanks

Matt

Last edited:
michael23 said:
Liking the lifeboat launch shot. The colours and textures in the logs makes for quite a good pic.

Back