Daily Matt_Wright's 366 Challenge -Day 41 added

Day 32 (Feb 1st)

Day 32 (Feb 1st) - Macro of speaker by mattwright87, on Flickr

I was trying to capture a close up of the speakers I have for iPod dock. When trying to keep it exposed well - but retain the original black finish to the metal it just want working.
However - I really liked the detail and DoF and wanted to use the image. When playing around with White balance I managed to get this really funky and cool colour
Any thoughts?

Matt

Last edited:
Day 36
A few to chose from after a day in the snow - but im going for this 25sec exposure with my 10stop filter on (first attempt of a waterfall with the filter)!

Snow Feb 5th 2012-89.jpg by mattwright87, on Flickr

Thanks

P.s. I think i am going for photo 1 on day 33, photo 2 on day 34 and also number 2 on day 35 - but im still open to peoples ideas / advice on this!

You're doing well! Every shot seems to be great!

I wouldn't have lasted 3 days ahahh, I'll stick to my 52 :LOL:

I like photo 2 for day 33 :)

I really like today's photo!

I did a 365 two years ago, it was hard at times, your going great, love today's image.

You're doing well! Every shot seems to be great!

I wouldn't have lasted 3 days ahahh, I'll stick to my 52 :LOL:

I like photo 2 for day 33 :)

I really like today's photo!

I did a 365 two years ago, it was hard at times, your going great, love today's image.

Thank you for the kind words!
I am enjoying it - easier at weekends then the wee! Roll on the longer days!!

Matt

Thank you for the kind words!
I am enjoying it - easier at weekends then the wee! Roll on the longer days!!

Matt

Yeahh, I bet that really is a ball ache! I'd be well and truly stuck, I don't get home until about 6pm and it's only just starting to still be light at that time :LOL:

Nice shot for day 37, tells us it's getting lighter for when you get home from work ;)

We'll be expecting even better shots in a few weeks :LOL:

Nice shot for day 37, tells us it's getting lighter for when you get home from work ;)

We'll be expecting even better shots in a few weeks :LOL:

Or rather tells us the head teacher said all meeting were cancelled after school:D - so I left at a slightly more respectable 4pm (as opposed to being pitch black already!)

Thanks

Matt :)

I can see why you like today's it's wonderful the colours are great in it (y) plus it's nice to have some evidence that the sun still exists (y) but that waterfall one is great and my favourite since my last visit (y)

Matt

Day 38 - sunrise

untitled-123.jpg by mattwright87, on Flickr

After a 'good night sunset' shot yesterday. I thought i'd follow with a 'good morning sunrise' shot today.
Taken on my arrival to work this morning!

Thanks

Matt

My new toy arrived today (Samyang 8mm fisheye!)
Day 39 Keeping a (fish)eye on the fire!

Day 39 - Keeping a (fish)eye on the fire! by mattwright87, on Flickr

Not the greatest shot in the world - but i wanted to use the fisheye to show some real distorotion - i know i have used the fire before - but i feel this gives a completly different perspective

Nice shot of the fire. I'm sure the fish-eye shots are going to get better though with experience!

AllFallD0wn said:
I think that's just the way it's cast? I.e. it's not smooth, but rough. Great focus on it, though. Very sharp!

Yes that's correct!

Day 41

Day 41 by mattwright87, on Flickr

Sunset out of bedroom window. Would have been better 10mins earlier - but I was busy packing to go away!!!

Thanks
Matt

Ps this is my shot from Friday - uploaded at home but forgot to post on here until now.
I am away now so won't be able to post any images for the next week - so will post them when I get back!!

Last edited:
Really like jan 8th! . . . .and the rest of them :D

Also really tempting me to get a fish eye. . . if only i could get a job :p

Thank for all the nice comments since i have been away.

I got back today - havent had a chance to sort out all of my photos from time away - but here is the next one from last Saturday (11th)
Taken hanging out of the car on a slip road onto M4!

Day 42 by mattwright87, on Flickr

Thanks

Matt

Last edited:
Been through your stream and think you have a great set of posts :)

365 is a challenge way beyond what i can imagine attempting and good luck and congrats on keeping it up till now!

(Also added you to flickr... easier for me to follow them there!)

Been through your stream and think you have a great set of posts :)

365 is a challenge way beyond what i can imagine attempting and good luck and congrats on keeping it up till now!

(Also added you to flickr... easier for me to follow them there!)

nice images... i just don't have the time for a 366, but maybe should make the time as i guess that is what it is really about?

Not my thread I know, but at a committed POTDer I can really recommend this type if challenge (y) I cannot lie, it's a massive commitment, but as is demonstrated on TP there is a massive amount of support to anyone that undertakes this type of challenge (y) we have sticky's to make challenges easy to find and a support thread too (y) so if you want to take the plunge you can do so at anytime (y) and you can set the rules as you think you could manage (y)

Matt

The sunsets are very nice!

Back