Matthew

..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
my boy helped me with some shots today..

both these have had very little pp done to them...

the thinker.
matt1.jpg

mr muscles
mr-muscles.jpg

thanks for looking as always..

md(y)

I would go with #1; I prefer the look in his eyes. I also prefer the composition. His eyes are in a more interesting position - they might even have been a little higher up the shot.

They are nice shots but look very dull to me, Dave. I know it has a black background and all that... but there is something missing light-wise. :shrug:

Nice couple of shots MD with #2 my fav (y)

thanks ian

thank you

I would go with #1; I prefer the look in his eyes. I also prefer the composition. His eyes are in a more interesting position - they might even have been a little higher up the shot.
thanks for the feedback..

They are nice shots but look very dull to me, Dave. I know it has a black background and all that... but there is something missing light-wise. :shrug:

thanks for taking the time janice. with ref to being dull i think i know what you mean...

here is another .. hopefully not so dull..

the-thinker-1.jpg

i am here to learn and with the help of people on here that take the time to help i think i will....

also the dark / black b/g is a nice change from what i have been trying to learn the last 12months or so....

many thanks

md (y)

anymore comments welcome...:wave:

shameless bump....:nuts:

is the last shot any better or am i on the wrong track...:shrug:

md(y)

That's much better, Dave. Looks great now. (y)

Love both the close up shots, but have to agree with Janice with the first one being too dark, could do with a little sharpening too. The second one is much better and it really does jump out at you....good eye contact too.

Simon

thank you both..(y)

i feel much happier now...

md(y)

#2 is a nice fun shot.

With #1 and #3 the harsh shadow is a little distracting. Try using a reflector to balance the light on that side (foil around some card if you dont have one), or use PS to select that area and adjust the levels.

Great focus on #3 though...

Had to chuckle at No3, good pic, my son has the same 'marks' on the forehead, chickenpox?

#2 is a nice fun shot.

With #1 and #3 the harsh shadow is a little distracting. Try using a reflector to balance the light on that side (foil around some card if you dont have one), or use PS to select that area and adjust the levels.

Great focus on #3 though...

thanks i was after the harsh shadows this time ill try a reflector next time to see what its like..

Had to chuckle at No3, good pic, my son has the same 'marks' on the forehead, chickenpox?

(y)

i must admit i think the camera brought them out alot but hey thats him..

md(y)

Back