Critique "Mattress company"

Name
Fabio
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been visiting this family run "mattress company" in Vietnam...well...in Vietnam they have a strange concept of mattress, they're more like mats :)

I quite like the lighting of the shot. The original shot is in colours, I have converted it in B&W later on, since the colours weren't really interesting. Any comment ?

16915385947_54b8d8e568_h.jpg

I think it's a bit tightly cropped, doesn't actually show the environment or what she's doing very well.
Detail in the doorway or window is a bright white that draws the eye. Was it show with a shallow depth of field as the end of the work is out of focus, nearest part of the tshirt is but from there it starts to go.

I can't help but feel the girls face is slightly under exposed, but the background is blown. Also, as @Byker28i says, a slightly tight crop.

I like it.
I can see that she's working a loom...I don't need to know if it's industrial or not.
She looks very contemplative and I wonder what's on her mind.

Thanks guys for you comments...very useful!

feel the girls face is slightly under exposed

Not much i can do with the exposure I guess ? :(

I think it's a bit tightly cropped

mmm...you're probably right....I should try to re-crop it.

I can see that she's working a loom...I don't need to know if it's industrial or not.

Thanks a lot :)

I like it,would like to see the color one as well :)

Thanks! This is the original shot:

16952784918_acbaa947e6_b.jpg

I think I actually prefer the clour version. :)

As above the colour version is better IMHO but may look better with shadows turned up a little in LR.

Back