Daily Matt's 2012 366 Challenge

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Today I decided to start a 365/366 (What's the difference? :thinking:) challenge. I've never tried this, and being an amateur, don't expect anything amazing!

What I aim to do in this challenge, is concentrate on just using manual focus. At the moment I've taken a massive interest in Macro, so a fair few of these could well be macro!

Anyway, less of the rambling, here goes!

Day 1

Day 1 - Short Changed by MattofTaylor, on Flickr

Was at the shop today when I finished work, After I got home I realised I had been short changed by 13p!! Was playing about with the focus and quite liked this, tried to get a bit of bokeh in there aswell lol

Last edited:
Hi Matt and welcome to the madness :wacky: that is a POTD challenge, it was the best thing that I've ever done for my photography it's improved my skills no end (y) and it still is after 452 consecutive days

On TP, there is plenty of support for POTDer's (y) if you want you thread linked to from the index sticky post a link to your thread HERE

We also have a support thread HERE for those days where help is needed (y)

Finally we also have our very own flickr group for challengers (y) that can be found HERE

These are very much a personal challenges so you can make up your own rules and enforce them as you feel appropriate (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks very much for the welcome! I've been contemplating it for a while, and finally decided yesterday to get started! My POTD for today will hopefully be light trails :p

Thanks very much for the welcome! I've been contemplating it for a while, and finally decided yesterday to get started! My POTD for today will hopefully be light trails :p

Well depending where you are in south Wales I can think of the odd great location (y)

Good stuff, Matt.
I feel my photography skills and imagination improved immensely after 2 years of POTD projects.
There'll be times you love it, times you hate it, but just keep going, trying new techniques and the reward at the end makes it all worthwhile.

Thanks mate. I'm pretty much an amateur, I've had 2 bridge cameras and took the leap to a 450D about a month ago, so I'm hoping this will help me improve :)

So, for day two, we were going to do some light trails, but the local roads with bridges were a bit quiet. So up to the mountain we went, trying to get a different take on light trails, by adding a bit of light painting aswell.

Day 2

Day 2 - Light Trails by MattofTaylor, on Flickr

Last edited:
Decided I'd follow on from my flower shot, and decided to capture some daffodils. After the shot, I realised I wasn't too happy with the composition of it, so maybe I'll cover it again at a later date.

Day 4

Day 4 - Daffodil by MattofTaylor, on Flickr

Was on the way to the hospital to visit a mate and took a slight detour to go take a look at some narrowboats, fancied getting a reflection shot for todays task, wanted the water to be smoother, but left my ND filters in the house.

Day 5

Day 5 - Narrowboats by MattofTaylor, on Flickr

Back