Mausolium HDR WARNING. 3rd time lucky

I think so but be warned many don't like this type of treatment.

I think so but be warned many don't like this type of treatment.

Thanks Gramps.. It should make for some interesting comments then

I like it, but I'd drop the luminance a bit as it feels too bright for my taste. It has lots of character, but the ageing of the mausoleum would fit nicely with something a bit darker and moodier imo. That's just the treatment I would have done though.

I like it, but I'd drop the luminance a bit as it feels too bright for my taste. It has lots of character, but the ageing of the mausoleum would fit nicely with something a bit darker and moodier imo. That's just the treatment I would have done though.

Thanks Dev I will give it another go. And welcome to TP

I see 'HDR warning' and I gotta have a look ! I personally like HDR as long as its not overdone, have you tried this in mono?

I see 'HDR warning' and I gotta have a look ! I personally like HDR as long as its not overdone, have you tried this in mono?

Cheers Bill just added a mono version

Cheers Bill just added a mono version

Hmmm actually think I prefer the colour version, everything seems a bit muddled in the mono - Great sky though (y)

May be a bit more muted colour to fit in with the theme as Dev says?

Cheers one more go for tonight Thanks for you input

Hi, Gary, for me the sky lets it down. With HDR you should have a well exposed sky, this is the reason for photographing a bracketed set of photographs.

How many exposures did you take and what settings?

Of the 3, it's #2 for me. You've pulled some detail out of the sky and I like the composition. Tad over exposed for me though.

Regards.

hi gary,
Its okay, although I would be interested to see what if you toned down the black and white version a little made.

Good HDR is when it dosnt look like HDR i think!

Cheers,

andy

Hi, Gary, for me the sky lets it down. With HDR you should have a well exposed sky, this is the reason for photographing a bracketed set of photographs.

How many exposures did you take and what settings?

Of the 3, it's #2 for me. You've pulled some detail out of the sky and I like the composition. Tad over exposed for me though.

Regards.

This was only one exposure
F11
1/125 sec
iso 250
bias -0.3
I will be going back with a tripod for another go, as this was taken while I had some time before a meeting, but thought it had potential.
Thanks for looking and you input (y)

Back