Max Speilman in administration

• Thread starter Holden Caulfield
  • Start date
TBH i'm surprised they lasted this long, 10 years ago you shot film you paid to get them developed, with digital cameras, digital picture frames and home printers people don't feel the need to have as many hard copies.

I can remember shooting 15 films when I went to Egypt all needed developing and printing though only a 1/3 were worth bothering with.

Now I might shoot 1000 pictures but i'd only get a handful printed, unfortunately it's a sign of the times

:agree:

I know they've tried to diversify, selling cameras and doing digital prints...but all their stores seemed to stock is photo albums and frames!

I'm not surprised, they only sold carp, and then charged a fortune to print photos.....

only ever used them once prints came really dark very disapointing....

That's Klick for us north of the border.

They did not move with the times and paid the ultimate price. The main holding company also owns Munro dry cleaners who have also bitten the dust.

Having 2 businesses in strongly contracting markets did not make good commercial sense.

in the 80's used them all the time were really good now use photobox!

shame, i liked max spielman, always a cheap option if you were after something quick. Their £25 wedding albums were a nice cheap option for folks on a budget.

Yup, Klick in the English Midlands, too. I'm meant to be collecting an order from HP's SnapFish from the Klick in my local town this week. Nearly opposite was a Jessops, which has already gone, leaving only Boots.

I don't think it was the digital revolution that put the nail in their coffin, I think it was the likes of Asda / Tesco and other supermarkets springing up with their own photo development that didn't help the situation.

I had used MaxSpielmann a couple of times I needed some quick 7x5's of some things, but then moved onto Asda for both price and convenience...No need to go into town to get some photos done..Just pop up to Asda.

I'm meant to be picking up 3 calendars from snapfish at Max next week.

I rang snapfish and they will dispatch to the billing address as a default postage free, or to a different aaddress if required.

I hope SnapFish sort out another High Street partner: saving £9.99 P&P on 100 greetings cards was welcome.

Back