Mazda RX7 with abit of PS

Hi. Looks weird. First I thought it was a reflection, then I thought it was painted on the bonnet, then I started to look to see whether I'd missed the open bonnet! Like the processing but the blacks are a bit blocked.

yup exactly what michael said! 2 photos, one open, one closed.. Open up in ps..lay the one with the bonnet open on top of the closed one...i dont use masks..all i do is, select part of the engine with marquee..feather it, invert selection, then delete :)

Cheers

Seen a few pics like this and I think they are nice, it works well on moded cars with bling engine bays. Not sure it would be quite the same on your run of mill stock car.

Last edited:
Looks nice, although can't decide whether I like the differing white balances in the two shots.

Ah my old nemesis lol, back in the day id get into races with RX7's in my supra (http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=348484) , the supra is quicker off the mark standard but you can tune those RX7's to the moon! so i won some and i lost some.

I like the pic, its quite gritty.

Was your supe an n/a? You can tune them alot, but you can with supra's also! Its just money lol. and Rx's are notoriously unreliable. good thing about rotaries tho you don't need to forge them like you would a supra when you want to run a decent single turbo setup and some boost lol.

Yeah its the n/a 3.0 straight 6 with 230bhp ,i bought it while it was still on the boat from Japan and it came fully kitted out (im still driving it 8 years later). Not sure if its been chipped, you never know with imports and for my insurance sake i hope it isn't.

I always loved the RX7 its way nicer than the new RX 8's, infact i nearly bought one but then i found my car and fell in love.

ah right fair enough! yea its true..need to have a good rummage through them..mkiv supra ecu's are in the passenger footwell towards the front..have a look under carpet and check it out.

FDs are a fair bit faster than N/A Supras; they're near-identical in performance to Supra TTs . Their reputation for unreliability is unfair too, the engine only has 3 moving parts (as opposed to 70+ in a common piston engine). They suffered mainly from clueless owners, and the internet hasn't been kind to their reputation.

I have an FD Type-R, and it's been good as gold.

Really like this shot. I tryed this before but could not seem to get it looking right when i edited it.

I'm liking this! I personally would like to see a little more of the engine exposed, but that's just a personal preference and certainly not a criticism. I do like a nice RX-7 :)

I really like this effect but i think in my opinion you maybe could have highlighted a bit more of the black with come lighting? Only a suggestion!

FDs are a fair bit faster than N/A Supras; .
Im talking about the bog standard ones, im just going by what the auto trader specs were, it said its 0 - 60 was 7 sec and i know that supras do it in 6 cause i timed my own. It could well be wrong, ive never driven an RX7.

To be honest its been years since iv kept up with car specs, i don't even bother using my supras performance much anymore, it doesn't hold the same excitment it did 10 years ago.

It could well be wrong, ive never driven an RX7.

It is, even standard FDs will do 0-60mph in around 5 seconds. UK cars made 255bhp while imports made 280bhp (officially quoted at 276bhp, same as Supra TTs, although they dyno'd at 326bhp). Supra TTs are also quoted as achieving 0-60mph in 4.9secs, while the N/As are quoted nearer to 7 seconds.

If you're bored and fancy a laugh, there's a guy on this link that swears blind his N/A Supra will do 60mph in 5.9 seconds.

nice shot buddy, i like the raw grainy look you've got going. Everything looks kinda neutral!

Only thing for me Is how you've executed the PS of the engine bay.......But its only down to my preferance.....i like to make it transparent and then add another layer over the top with the bonnet down and just drop the opacity so theres still a bit of shine there givin the idea of a perspex bonnet

My example of a pic I took today:
6594143889_1667a11915_z.jpg

Wow there's some hair splitting going on in that thread lol, now thats a group that takes their specs seriously.

nice shot buddy, i like the raw grainy look you've got going. Everything looks kinda neutral!

Only thing for me Is how you've executed the PS of the engine bay.......But its only down to my preferance.....i like to make it transparent and then add another layer over the top with the bonnet down and just drop the opacity so theres still a bit of shine there givin the idea of a perspex bonnet

My example of a pic I took today:
6594143889_1667a11915_z.jpg

Cheers mate! nice shot also! yea i could do it like that, just prefer doing it the other way, not really sure as to why, just preference lol!

Back