Me, my self(ie) & I

And there's me thinking you really do have pink hair :LOL:

Sure is your style & with a touch of 'attitude' :exit:

I like it. I had my first try at selfies not to long ago as part of a monthly challenge it was tough

A very well lit shot there Bethy, I like the space you have left on the right hand side also, the text about yourself would look really good there.

Lovely shot, I can't help thinking if this is for your website why not have a camera in your hand rather than a meter? I can just hear people saying "what's that thing in her hand "

Lovely shot, I can't help thinking if this is for your website why not have a camera in your hand rather than a meter? I can just hear people saying "what's that thing in her hand "

I've often wanted a shot of myself with my camera but only having one camera doesn't help that matter! lol

We've got that space thing going on again :) Why not shoot portrait and fill the frame more?

Not much else wrong though. Could have done with some fill on the right (or a lower ratio if two lights were used)... just 1/3rd stop or so.

We've got that space thing going on again :) Why not shoot portrait and fill the frame more?

Not much else wrong though. Could have done with some fill on the right (or a lower ratio if two lights were used)... just 1/3rd stop or so.

So she then has to have her text a word wide, dearie me!

Good image, not sure about the light meter though?

So she then has to have her text a word wide, dearie me!

If it was shot with that in mind, then yes, that makes sense.

Having a real deja vu moment here. :)

Agree with light meter.... getting close to posing with a camera there, which is a cliché.. but if it IS a PR shot... would everyone know what it was? It does kind of grab your attention.

Last edited:
If it was shot with that in mind, then yes, that makes sense.

Having a real deja vu moment here. :)

Agree with light meter.... getting close to posing with a camera there, which is a cliché.. but if it IS a PR shot... would everyone know what it was? It does kind of grab your attention.

I look forward to the time when we have a 'vuja dé' moment, David... (The feeling that this has NEVER happened before!) ;)

Filling up the frame means you get to see more of my facial cracks and crevices so I prefer the distance for vanitys sake lol.

Chose the light meter because it was different... I know that a lot of people might not know what it is, but a camera shot is just too cliche for me. My website has an about me page that's a bit quirky and fun, like me I guess, and not your typical about me type palava. So I wanted to lose the camera. The page is '17 things you didn't know about me'... Might have to make it '18' and explain its a light meter I'm holding! ;)
FYI, my site is not a business site, but a bit of fun, somewhere for me to host images. Maybe one day when I grow up and decide what I want to be, I might get serious. :)

Thanks for everyone's feedback on this, much appreciated. :)

I wouldn't have folded arms personally. Certainly not for an 'about me' picture.

I've often wanted a shot of myself with my camera but only having one camera doesn't help that matter! lol

Surely you have a mirror :)

i like negative space in portraits - again, i know it's not everyones cup of tea but it works for me and it works here and i like the lighting too, very natural.

i agree that most non-photographers probably wouldn't have any idea what you were holding (they might just assume it was a flash or remote) and i can see why you tried to avoid the cliche, but then many types of photography are laden with cliches, especially wedding and engagement photography so i don't think it would really matter to an outsider non-photographer if you did pose with your camera or were standing next to a big light or softbox, in fact they'd probably expect it!

but that's just an aside really as this is a nice self portrait indeed.

Back