me, myself and I

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Alternatively, this could be entitled the three stages of my day.......

3995727262_4b7b304b5c.jpg

CLICKY FOR LARGER

Been meaning to try this for ages and in this instance it took longer to take the photos than it did to edit them (hence the photos for pleasure). Managed to convince the kids that my brothers came round for a cuppa while they were at school (which confused them no end as I don't actually have any brothers) :)

Last edited:
i like these pics very much. so how about a tutorial on how to do them ? you can pm me or email or even just post it up for all to see
regards mike

OK bear with me I'm not too good at explaining stuff;

I set the camera up on a tripod in a corner of the room, making sure all of the sofa was in view.
Attached the 430EX (it's a dark room) and set the camera at f7.1 shutter 1/250 to make sure exposure remained constant for all shots.
Drive mode was "timer"
Then hit the shutter, legged it to sofa and posed (3 times).
Applied the de-sat etc. to the raw files (all the same) and opened all three in PS.
Copied two of the shots into the first one as new layers.

Was going to use masking (but embarrased to say I couldn't figure out how) so selected the eraser tool and on the top layer rubbed out the bits where the other two "me's" were.
Repeated this in the middle layer for the one me missing as well.
Flattened layers, sharpened and that was pretty much it.
It's a bit rough and ready, you can see some bits where my erasing was sloppy, but it literally only took around 5 minutes.

I think (though can't be sure, there was a tutorial on this in the Canon centric magazine (photo plus?) this month. I'll have a look and confirm later.

Well... I just set up the tripod configured the white balance cause of the artifical light.
took a bunch of shots, getting changed in the process.
Then picked the best of the bunch & stacked them up in photoshop, then used the erase
& clone tool to take out areas around myself trying to keep the shadows intact too.
The images should snap into place if done correctly, then flatten to finish.
It might take a bit of practice but it's not that difficult...honest

CR

Really like this.

Pretty much cover the three main phases of my day, lol

Back