Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Rebecca
Edit My Images
No
Hiya im just curious on what everyone thinks of this photo its not taken by me but is of me!! i just wanted ur opinions as im just starting out in photography and want as many ideas and tips as possible. Cheers

Would this be an expample of a good photo??

n696540973_328870_8742.jpg

I'm curious too, if you didn't take the pic, how is any critique going to help you ?

Its a nice pic, although a bit bright.

BB

Just purely for good ideas of what i want to create i suppose! and what not ta do etc x

I like it....my comments would be....

Slightly bright
That ear ring is distracting me
and also that little whisker of cotton on you ?top?

other than that i like it a lot

Is this the kind of thing your looking to venture into with your photography?

A great way of spotting different techniques is to keep your eyes peeled on here and see what other people have been up to..

AJ

I like it, although I do find the straps on your top a bit of a distraction. As a tighter crop wouldn;t of been possible, I would have been tempted to of removed the strap, especially as it looks like a studio / indoor setup. With a bit of photoshopping the earing could be removed as well, but these are minor things.

Rob

I've had a slight play with it....(very rough) but I cant see if you allow editing of your images or not....

I can post it up if you want..

Yea I was thinking the same they could of at least removed the string lol!! yea you can edit it, I would like to see what you have done differently !!

Yea I am very keen on portrait photography and thats want I want to heads towards x

Well i've had a go...this is my first edit i've done for someone...and also only been using photoshop for about two days...so its terrible compared to what other people on here can do but it gets my point across...

n696540973_328870_8742_1.jpg

It's beautiful Rebecca, have you any with your eyes looking directly into the lens?
Would love to see it too.
Was the shot taken using available light or was it a studio set up?

Hi Rebecca

Hope you dont mind me having a go at your photo, I cheated a little bit and used a couple of actions from the Totally Rad action set.
http://boutwellstudio.com/totallyrad/
The two I used were TDW & Cinnamon Toast both with 50% opacity, slight sharpening on the eyes and a gaussian blur vignette.
Apart from the couple things that has already been mentioned this is a really nice photo as it is, but a little enhancement glamour stylee is worth it IMO.

n6965409733288708742coptj5.jpg

Wayne

this is one where im looking into the camera but im not so keen on it!! Yea they were taken in a studio

n696540973_328869_8548.jpg

You have the advantage of being able to go in front or behind the lens.

Me? I'm receding and what's left is starting to go gray so I'm clearly staying well and truly behind the lens!

Thanks

Well for the past three years iv been working at holidays parks where im a general entertainer/singer! x

Hahaha lol nope wont be there unfortunately :( got a contract to go to greece this year which should be good atleast im guaranteed some sunshine hehe :) x

It's a great shot. Hope you don't mind but I've also had a play.

n696540973_328870_8742.jpg

Am I out on my own again? There are a number of things in this thread that just don't sit very well with me.

I do find the whole concept of posting pics of yourself just plain odd anyway but ones that weren't taken by you..... well it's a tad weird. If you want to know what makes a good shot, well it's mostly down to whether you like it or not. Take a look through the portrait section, or if it's your thing, the glamour one. There are loads of shots to learn from there.

.....But far far more than that, I would never comment on someones photography publicly unless that person had asked for opinions. To go a step further and start to edit and repost someones work, is just not good manners in my book.

....Which leaves me wondering if people have behaved differently in this thread to how they normally might... and if so why would that be????

I was purely asking for peoples opinions on the photograph and not of me! im just gathering as much information as possible on what makes a good pic as im new to photography and are planning on taking it further!

Fair comment. I feel that Rebecca is a very pretty girl who wants an opinion on what she percieves a photograph that portrays her in a good light. Prehaps she wants confirmation of the fact that this image portrays her in a good light?
One of my areas is glamour & portrait photography & as such i tend to view photographs in that light. We have presumed that she has the pics to do as she wants with & prehaps they were given to her by the tog or paid for.
In any case i would love to do a portrait/model shoot with her!!!

im new to photography and are planning on taking it further!

Which is great and I'm always the first to stand up and applaud a passion for making images. Your methods are a little strange though and more to the point, don't seem to have brought out the best in others.

It's not meant as a personal dig at you Rebecca. I don't understand the people who are motivated to show pics of themselves, that's just the way I am. I feel very much the same about cameras as I do about guns. One side seems very safe, the other doesn't. ;)

"the best in others"

This is/was a lighthearted thread & in my humble opinion is in no way bringing out anything in anyone apart from light hearted banter & the wish to improve on what is basically a pretty good picture.

I know what you're saying John but I can't quite get past the fact that no-one stopped to consider the photographer that took the shot in the first place.

Chances are that it's fine to go ahead and crit or edit it but I'd have thought that in a community of snappers the thought would have come up before the 20 something'th post.

I feel very much the same about cameras as I do about guns. One side seems very safe, the other doesn't. ;)

How can you compare a gun to a camera!? You only point a gun at someone if you are intending on killing them.

I cannot see how it is a problem for someone to be on the other side of the camera.

honestly not wanting to cause offence but seems a little egotistical to me.

Perhaps show us some photos of landscapes, seascapes, urban, animals, still life you like.

How can you compare a gun to a camera!?

Well Snake Man, there's the way I already have done. Or perhaps we could go with, "load, aim, shoot!" that's quite a good one. We "fire" the shutter, there's a whole bunch of comparable terms there to be used. ;);):D

..... OK, it's not really a comparison of the two machines. More that they have the fact in common that I'm quite happy behind either and quite uncomfortable in front. :):)

..... OK, it's not really a comparison of the two machines. More that they have the fact in common that I'm quite happy behind either and quite uncomfortable in front. :):)

I agree with that, I'm not found of being in front of the camera either but comparing the safety of being in front of the camera to gun is quite different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back