Meccano Bridge

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
No
This is the Meccano Bridge currently under construction local to me. Designed by Liam Curtin it is made from scaled up Meccano pieces.

The weather and subject I thought it lent itself to a bit of HDR which is a first time for me. I hope it doesn't make anyone's eyes bleed :nuts:

Sharing as I thought there might be some interest out there (from you big kids :LOL:) but I also welcome critique on the images and processing.

Meccano Bridge, Bolton-10.jpg by C Duffy, on Flickr

Meccano Bridge, Bolton-8.jpg by C Duffy, on Flickr

Meccano Bridge, Bolton-12.jpg by C Duffy, on Flickr

Meccano Bridge, Bolton-1.jpg by C Duffy, on Flickr

Sorry about the watermark, the complete set, non-watermarked, can be seen here: http://cduffyphotography.zenfolio.com/meccanobridge

Very nice, would be great to see this once finished without the scaffolding underneath it as it distracts somewhat from the main focus of the brightly coloured bridge

And for that reason i'd have to pick #3 as my favourite as there is little to distract from the actual bridge

The HDR is quite nicely done, not too overcooked - a little more than I would do myself though. Interesting bridge, nice to see something different from the carbon copied bridges that seem to be cropping up everywhere lately.
It does look like your sensor is quite dirty though, lots of dust spots on the images.

Very nice, would be great to see this once finished without the scaffolding underneath it as it distracts somewhat from the main focus of the brightly coloured bridge

Agreed, it's very close to me so I'll be taking a trip down when it's complete. I think this is the first stage of a complete development of the area so may make it a little project of mine to document that development.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Agreed, it's very close to me so I'll be taking a trip down when it's complete. I think this is the first stage of a complete development of the area so may make it a little project of mine to document that development.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

No problem, that should make for a nice project too, urban regeneration (y)

The HDR is quite nicely done, not too overcooked - a little more than I would do myself though. Interesting bridge, nice to see something different from the carbon copied bridges that seem to be cropping up everywhere lately.
It does look like your sensor is quite dirty though, lots of dust spots on the images.

Thanks for your comments. I think I pushed it as far as possible, if not slightly over the line, in PP.

Thanks for the heads up on the sensor, I spotted it myself the HDR really brings it out. Sensor clean well overdue!!

Back