Media City.

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
The only decent shot i got of the night! opinions?

Quays3.jpg

tripod, and a longer exposure would make this stand out a little more, mayb a 10 stop at sundown.......... also crop out the bottom right hand distranction, it was the first thing i looked at............. Keep them coming.......

I presume by stop you mean the fstop? i was at F22 when it was taken and also it was on a tripod.

I will increase my shutter for sure, i think im going to head down again tonight and try and retake them.

Thanks for your c and c 49clicks, very useful!

I WILL GET IT RIGHT!!! (eventually!)

drummerkev said:
I presume by stop you mean the fstop? i was at F22 when it was taken and also it was on a tripod.

I will increase my shutter for sure, i think im going to head down again tonight and try and retake them.

Thanks for your c and c 49clicks, very useful!

I WILL GET IT RIGHT!!! (eventually!)

You have a tripod???

Get it on the tripod,
low iso ................ !!!!!!
about a f/10 and a long exposure to compensate, i used to make the mistake of always shooting in a 2.8 stop in low light and found that was rubbish for results, higher iso slightly, and a better though process it works wonders,

Nice angle/location. I think a bit more exposure would bring out the detail a treat. Get back down there and update us :D

by ten stop he means a 10 stop ND Filter which will give you and extra amount of time to keep the shutter open and see the cloud movements etc.

I'd give the night shots a go though with a remote shutter.

I quite like it. I agree the far right needs cropping or cloning out to remove the distraction but I like how the light bends on the water from the reflections of the city.

Try and shoot it when there is a bit more light in the sky if you can, about half an hour after sunset is normally quite good if you have a clear sky. If you are using your cameras standard meter settings it may be worth over exposing by say 1 stop because you are not really interested in retaining all of the highlight detail with an image like this. Better to trade some over exposure on the highlights for more definition in the shadows, which make up the majority of the image.

Shooting at f22 will reduce the sharpness of your image through diffraction limiting and give you a very long exposure time which is not great if your tripod is a bit unstable. Try something like f11 of f8 and focus on the buildings.

Let us know how you get on.

Back