media player 11

wegotitugetit

On the hit list !!!
Name
alex
Edit My Images
Yes
just been to download the latest version mine is slightly out of date
once downloaded it said i need to text this certain code to a number i cancelled it

it says the text will cost £3.00 now i never remembered paying for media player for pc

have they started charging now

me neither where did you download it from a 3rd party site or Microsoft?

Just installed mine with no cost.
Spyware or a plugin you have installed? :shrug:

:( Bet that is a bloomin good earner aswell.

Tos**s!

LINKY

i think this was the one

third party :bang::bang:

looked legit should of payed more attention :bang:

The URL gives that one away mate WMP11 from mediaplayer12-pro.com lol as far as I know there is no WMP12 yet... download it from the microsoft link already posted and make sure you uninstall what you downloaded from that site and do a spy/malware check (y)

The URL gives that one away mate WMP11 from mediaplayer12-pro.com lol as far as I know there is no WMP12 yet... download it from the microsoft link already posted and make sure you uninstall what you downloaded from that site and do a spy/malware check (y)

wasnt exactly looking for the domain name as mentioned above it looked legit my own fault

No you should not have to pay for it, unless you got a hooky copy of windows and dont want to visit Microsoft :puke:
I would not touch MP with a barge pole anyway :shrug:

No you should not have to pay for it, unless you got a hooky copy of windows and dont want to visit Microsoft :puke:
I would not touch MP with a barge pole anyway :shrug:

even then its a free download of the MS site without having to register any details..

anyway WMP is perfectly serviceable once youve got something like the shark007.net codec pack installed.

wasnt exactly looking for the domain name as mentioned above it looked legit my own fault

:nono: First thing you should always check is the URL (domain) alot of fake sites about that look exactly like the original... its a well known banking scam

my uncle had the same trouble with facebook and the registry key was unable to get unless £3.00 was paid. was it on a home phone?

Phone line will have nothing to do with it, it is likely that he has malware on his machine and he needs to remove it by using something like Malwarebytes http://www.malwarebytes.org/ I cant recommend this program enough... seriously everyone should have it

Phone line will have nothing to do with it, it is likely that he has malware on his machine and he needs to remove it by using something like Malwarebytes http://www.malwarebytes.org/ I cant recommend this program enough... seriously everyone should have it

Think I might try this just for the fun of it! Thanks for the tip!!(y)

Back