Medieval Portraits

Edit My Images
No
This weekend I had a call from a friend who was working at a medieval event inviting me to go and watch. So I had to go with my camera. With the intention of taking some pics of him in costume. I also bumped into someone else I know and grabbed a shot of him too. It was nice go with a pic in my head and not spend the day snapping at everything. So I just took the two pics and enjoyed the rest of the day with my family.

After spending a couple of hours at the national portrait gallery a couple of weeks back here is what I came up with.

9608210172_99ca56c709.jpg

9604991755_79b666d9a7.jpg

A great pair of pictures, great detail in the faces and could almost be mistaken for medieval oil paintings.(y)

Those are brill! Excellent processing on those!

I agree, very well thought out shots and as said very oil painting like

I down loaded the 1st image and added texture through Photoshop CS5 and it looks like an old master :D

I love them both

Les :clap:

There is no vignette on them as it would of effected the sky too much

then something in the pp work has created a vignette effect - or actually, not so much a vignette as a halo around the subjects. However, for me, it doesn't detract from a couple of really good portraits that work incredibly well. I like those a lot! (y)

Maybe it is more of a halo as Yv says. Either way the sky is very noticeably brighter close to the subject, and darkens towards the corners and edges of the frame.

(y) and its more apparent on the 1st than the 2nd, but I can't quite decide if thats because the subject fills the frame much more in the 2nd so there is less sky to begin with.

I love these. The processing on these gives it that medieval feel to me. I also like the background that it is outdoors and not the standard wall that is usual with portrait shots

Back