Medium Format Camera

Second hand? ebay preloved or any other adverts.
Papers etc, remember them? :D

If we avoid the Hassy (due to cost) which has the best range of lenses. Would that be the Bronica?

I wish! If only I could win the lottery![/QUOTE]

6X7 was called "ideal format" because it was the same proportion as printing paper, and it would print onto standard printing paper sizes without cropping the negative or the paper.

What size paper was that then? I don't think 6x7 fits any size paper without cropping of one or the other.

Best fit film to paper size is 5"x4"

Second hand? ebay preloved or any other adverts.
Papers etc, remember them? :D

If we avoid the Hassy (due to cost) which has the best range of lenses. Would that be the Bronica?

I wish! If only I could win the lottery!
[/QUOTE]

Why, I have a camera outfit in the classifieds for an un-Hassy price.

What size paper was that then? I don't think 6x7 fits any size paper without cropping of one or the other.

Best fit film to paper size is 5"x4"

Because 6x7 is only an approximation, the nominal frame size is 56 x 70mm which has an identical aspect ratio (1:1.25) to 5x4.

Ed,
The "Avoid the Hassy" was just me quoting from elsewhere.

I wish! If only I could win the lottery!

[/QUOTE]

Why, I have a camera outfit in the classifieds for an un-Hassy price.

Well, the sun's shining, and my thoughts are running towards a MF camera. Since my mate flogged his SQ-Ai around 8-9 months ago (without giving me first refusal - git!) I've been without access to a serious 120 camera. The Perkeo's okay, as a 60 year old scale focusing folder, but as for framing - it's got a square eyepiece approx 3mm x 3mm, which might be around a 80% viewpoint (at best!) Otherwise, it's 2 of holga's plastic fantastics.

If I had double my budget, I'd snap up ed's Hassy from the classifieds in a heartbeat, but I don't. I liked the SQ-Ai, and would be happy with one of my own - I also liked the fact that you could always stick a 120J back on there and shoot 6x4.5 as well as the normal 6x6 - whereas if I go for a ETRSi I'm stuck with 6x4.5. I've had a look at Ffordes, and they don't seem to have anything in at the moment, can anybody suggest anywhere else reputable where I can check out?

Back