Meercats

Very Nice. I know from Chester Zoo Meercats are a great subject for photos. Great fun just to watch as well.

Great shots! I could spend hours just watching them. So funny!!

Love the background in No2, well controlled!!

Very Nice. I know from Chester Zoo Meercats are a great subject for photos. Great fun just to watch as well.

Thank you. I have seen loads of nice photos of them on here.

Great shots! I could spend hours just watching them. So funny!!

Love the background in No2, well controlled!!

Thanks. I cant walk very well so I had a break and watched them for ages. I was pleased with that background. I think its the first time I have managed to get a blurred background without doing it in Photoshop.

Sue

Great photos; I'm going to Colchester Zoo after Easter!

Could I ask which lens you used to shoot these please?

Rob :)

Great photos; I'm going to Colchester Zoo after Easter!

Could I ask which lens you used to shoot these please?

Rob :)

Thanks. Its a Nikon 55-200 AFS.

I hadnt been to Colchester zoo for ages and it has improved a lot since the old days when I went there as a child.I discovered that I could get a year's season ticket ( called a gold card) for £24as I am disabled. As it is £9 to get in that was defintely worth it. It means that I can go again soon.in fact as much as I like over the rest of the year.Allow a whole day, especially if you are taking children. There is loads to see and do. I was only able to do a small bit of it this time.

Sue

Ah cool - I will definately make the trip :)

Did you find the lens a little too short for some animals - or was it generally okay for most? Also, was the lens f/4-5.6?

Last edited:
Ah cool - I will definately make the trip :)

Did you find the lens a little too short for some animals - or was it generally okay for most? Also, was the lens f/4-5.6?

The lens was fine for all the shots I wanted to take. I changed a couple of times to my 18-55 kit lens where the animals were very close. A few people had great big lenses but they looked a bit over the top to me and wouldnt be able to take close animals. Yes it is a f4/5.6

nice shots
you make it look simples

Thanks. I enjoyed taking them.

Back