Meet The Mother-In - Law

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
group.jpg

:LOL:

Don't you just love it? The original is on a sensitized copper plate and they were very much in vogue from about 1830 till towards the end of that century so heaven knows how old this shot actually is, but it's possibly from the very early days of photography. They were usually sold in a little wooden velvet lined case, which sadly in this case has been lost along the way.

Considering the equipment this photographer was using and how long the exposure time probably was it's a bit humbling just what a good image it still is.

CT said:
:LOL:

Don't you just love it? The original is on a sensitized copper plate and they were very much in vogue from about 1830 till towards the end of that century so heaven knows how old this shot actually is, but it's possibly from the very early days of photography. They were usually sold in a little wooden velvet lined case, which sadly in this case has been lost along the way.

Considering the equipment this photographer was using and how long the exposure time probably was it's a bit humbling just what a good image it still is.

if it's on a copper plate, and has a sheen when tilted to the light, then it's a Daguerotype

Blimeh..........how old is photoshop then? :eek:

The 2 girl's heads look as if they've been pasted on, and i'm sure the older one on the left (sitting) is terry off Hells kitchen.

On a more serious note though, i'd be happy to get a shot like that NOW, never mind almost 200 years ago.

In those days the picture would be set up with dressed models, in far fancier cloths than they could probably afford..

The people in the photos stand behind the models, and it appears that they have all of the clobber on.

If you look carefully you can tell some of them are leaning forward and they look like they've got no necks.

The good old days eh. The two at the back are just kids and they look hard and old before their time. Imagine coming back from the pub with a few sherbets under your belt and having to face 'er with the feather in her hat! :LOL:

CT said:
Imagine coming back from the pub with a few sherbets under your belt and having to face 'er with the feather in her hat! :LOL:

:shock: I just went teetotal.

CT said:
Imagine coming back from the pub with a few sherbets under your belt and having to face 'er with the feather in her hat! :LOL:

I'm sure she had a kind heart!

I thought the Addams family was a recent invention! :shock:

Back