Mega Meet 2017 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look I know it's a lot too organise but I do think this is something that needs to be put on again

Oh, didnt know that. In that case, we must have at least shared the same space without knowing it.....
Long way for you to come tho ?

ndeed...seem a llooooonnggg time since the last one :(
About 18 months.

I don't mind doing it, again, but it will be at the same location, near whipsnade zoo, however, I can't do it alone, its getting other people to commit to helping ( with the back ground stuff)

And people with contacts, to commit to help with the stands, exhibitions, subjects etc.
(Yes I know you @Bazzle were always up for one and for that I thank you)

I'll bet @Cobra can pull some strings :jaffa:
I seem to be able to pull yours :p

The other thing of course is that it really should be self funding, and venues can be very expensive.
Hence using the one at Whipsnade as we get that at a very good price.

Think we've been to 2 @posiview ?
It's only a couple of hours from home.
Would maybe be good to have a change of venue @Cobra ?

About 18 months.

I don't mind doing it, again, but it will be at the same location, near whipsnade zoo, however, I can't do it alone, its getting other people to commit to helping ( with the back ground stuff)

And people with contacts, to commit to help with the stands, exhibitions, subjects etc.
(Yes I know you @Bazzle were always up for one and for that I thank you)

Yeah, can't be easy.

TBH, I really enjoyed meeting folk.

Starting point might be to ask members what they want. I wonder what members would think about showing some of their favourite photographs and why the took them, settings, locations. Project photographs onto the wall. Maybe some debate on photographers and photography styles.

Just a few ruminations.

Cheers.

Would maybe be good to have a change of venue @Cobra ?
I appreciate that Lynne, but its easy ( well easier anyway) for me to arrange one on my doorstep.
When its been thrown open before, although we are spread around the country, no other mod was interested,
Hence it being down here 2 years running.

As an after thought, if you and Andy @posiview wanted to arrange something, up your way, I'd back you in an "official capacity"
We can go for a beer and have a chat after the meet in a couple of weeks if you like?

Last edited:
I appreciate that Lynne, but its easy ( well easier anyway) for me to arrange one on my doorstep.
When its been thrown open before, although we are spread around the country, no other mod was interested,

As an after thought, if you and Andy @posiview wanted to arrange something, up your way, I'd back you in an "official capacity"
We can go for a beer and have a chat after the meet in a couple of weeks if you like?

Sounds like a plan. Lynne's @blondie606 organisational skills are legendary :p

Cheers.

Personally, I thoughtt the first one had more interesting things going on, and the second one was bit more laidback.
Givent hat most of us will spend up to £150 for a good days togging, I cant see cost being a huge issue.
I accept theres a lot of behind the scenes wotk onvolved tho.

Happy to have a chat @Cobra

Givent hat most of us will spend up to £150 for a good days togging,
It seems that £10 / day £15 / for 2 days was far too cheap in that case :D

The problem comes Mark, getting people to commit to help.
Such as the people / portraits / lighting practice experience went down extremely well.
@cosmix3 did a great job, but he's even further south than me, and I'm not sure that he would travel that far North.
So another source will need to be found.

A trader was invited, for the 2nd but he ignored all contact, again at the first the he was a great success.
We'd need to try and pursued someone else to bring their wares to sell.

A member bring and buy was suggested, but that never got off the ground, I still think thats a good idea though.

So many idea's still rattling around, and I'm sure that Lynne @blondie606 and Andy @posiview will have some fresh ones too.

Bazzle, I think it was/is bought a load of geckos and stuff to picture, Yv had her dogs, you had your bop, as well as the girls modellling....

Dont think it needs much more ?

IIRC, folks were togging the bluetits nesting in the building, TINTIN was doing his macro stuff in the grass etc etc...

There was aguy with motion capture tech to demo, I think Lens for hire were there the first one too.

As togs, we just need different stuff to point our gear at.

As I said, I know its a lot of work, but I really enjoyed the first one, the second not quite as much......

Bazzle, I think it was/is bought a load of geckos and stuff to picture,
Yeah Bazzle and Paul, did a great job, but they are way down on the south coast, I don't know if they could travel that extra distance with the live stock.
Lens were invited to the second, but never replied to the invite(s)
Stuart Cosmix3 did the modelling, and did a great job.
Bryn @Tintin124 was brilliant with the macro, he lives very close to you.
Its all about travelling distances TBH,

I may not have Bops much longer ( long story) so you can't count on those, and Yvonne hasn't been around TP for several months,
So you can't count on her, but actually it was IIRC Hugh that bought the dog, and Yvonne did the "Pet shoot" .

That's what I was trying to get at, I can see the need for a change of venue, where ever it is though people will always comment that its "Too far for me"
But if we go ahead with one up North-ish new contacts will have to be made and new idea's will have to be thought out.

Sounds cool idea! Not been to one yet

Nothing in life is ever easy eh ?

Not sure what to suggest, as Im not sure who in the commercial world in any way supports TP.....

But,,,
an intersting car or two
a prettty girl or two - and someone who knows how to work the lighting/reflectors etc
A few semi obedient dogs
a huge pile of Lego....

a huge pile of Lego....
Ah yes we did have Tori_T doing the cupography / lego stuff too.

That's the other thing, of course "Wet play" needs to be factored in as well as warm and sunny.
I managed 2 hot meets, but I think I've run out of virgins to sacrifice now :(

I'm happy to assist in any way again Chris... Catering included. :)

Very interested in being a part of this both attending but also will to do anything I can to help make it happen
Cheers Matt, (y) that's the catering and light painting sorted :D

I'm sure if there's a move 'oop north' we could get someone to demo lighting and posing etc.

Maybe @Sir SR For home studio and 'ordinary people'

Me and or @DG Phototraining for environmental portraiture type stuff

@Toxic or @photo si to do some 'glam' studio type stuff, maybe even get @Garry Edwards out of retirement for the weekend.

Of course if you've got people who know what they're doing, you'll not need any of the above ;)

Of course if you've got people who know what they're doing, you'll not need any of the above ;)
That's Brilliant Phil, thanks!
I know no one from ooop norf, so all suggestions and volunteers are most welcome :)

I'm guessing if @blondie606 @posiview are picking a venue its likely to be Leeds / Sheffield type area.

Yeah Bazzle and Paul, did a great job, but they are way down on the south coast, I don't know if they could travel that extra distance with the live stock.

We would find a way my friend, I'm sure @PaulButler would be willing as am I to help in any way we could, remember Paul has had a lot of experience putting on The British and international Discus show over a number of years so has a little experience putting on events and what needs to be done not that Im dropping him in it in any way :)

I think this is such a great social event that it is a must for me to offer any help and support I can

We would find a way my friend,
Thanks Baz, thats very kind of you, (Both) its beginning to look as though it would be very popular, and well suppored.
Assuming we (they) can now find a venue & suitable date and the other bits that go with it (y)

That's Brilliant Phil, thanks!
I know no one from ooop norf, so all suggestions and volunteers are most welcome :)

I'm guessing if @blondie606 @posiview are picking a venue its likely to be Leeds / Sheffield type area.

Hi, I've seen a few photography events on the top floor of Salt's Mill so I've sent them an email as a starting point.

Cheers.

Hi, I've seen a few photography events on the top floor of Salt's Mill so I've sent them an email as a starting point. Cheers.
Just a suggestion, I also found that scout huts Church huts local community halls, etc were cheaper than your average venue, and have an outside area too, for daylight shooting.
Also you have to consider access for people bring "props" lighting livestock etc

Last edited:
Not sure how we'd do that indoors? But if it came up north, and I was free of course, I'd be happy to look at putting something together with you @Phil V

Dave
From what I've seen of previous it wasn't all indoors.

Of course it'd depend on the dates, and we'd have to work something out around the location - but I know you like a 'challenge' so long as it includes a beer or 2 :beer:

Crazy as it sounds somewhere accessible from the ECML would be easier for me to get to than Whipsnade (non-driver)

Leeds or York are roughly 80 minutes from Peterborough, been to Saltaire a few times, public transport cross country is dreadful.

National Coal Mining museum near Wakefield had a nice conference area, tasty canteen and some good outside areas too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back