Mega Rannoch Moor morning

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
These are probably the best pictures I've ever taken here and probably ever will do. Utterly splendid conditions, great reflections, no wind at all, and great light and a sky all at once. Rarely, if ever, does it all come together quite so well as this. For a May's day - bloody cold - looks like February.

The morning started with promise

_IMG0739 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Then it delivered with a level of Chutzpah I have rarely seen

_IMG0794 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

I hung around a bit as I checked the Glencoe moutain web cameras. Total peasoup fog up there so I stayed tripod down here rather than move on.

_IMG0808 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

_IMG0811 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Sometimes you just get very very lucky. You cannot really take a bad picture when conditions are as amazing as this. I exported these as aRGB so if you are not using a colour managed browser they'll look faded and washed out.

All processing done on DXO photolab 4 and all shot with the amazing Pentax 645z and 28-45

More lovely shots Steve. I must get back up to Scotland now I have a better idea about Landscape stuff.

A beautiful set, excellent :)

Absolutely stunning, all four of them.
#2 & #3 are my picks.
I've only ever been to Rannoch Moor twice, on my way up to Loch Aline for sea fishing. On both occasions it was freezing cold, blowing a hooley and grey. I said, at the time, to my host, "it's no wonder you scots are tough beggars, running around up here in a skirt with no draws on!"

Very nice indeed... You could make a nice landscape shooting blog post out this to show the process as the light changes throughout the day.
#2 for me too but I quite like #1. The composition and aspect ratio (square crop?) with the single contrasting orange cloud works nicely IMO.

Last edited:
Very nice pics Steve. :)

I've not been to Scotland since '92 when I toured the whole country with a girlfriend - hopefully, I'll get back there one day . . .

These are probably the best pictures I've ever taken here and probably ever will do. Utterly splendid conditions, great reflections, no wind at all, and great light and a sky all at once. Rarely, if ever, does it all come together quite so well as this. For a May's day - bloody cold - looks like February.

The morning started with promise

_IMG0739 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Then it delivered with a level of Chutzpah I have rarely seen

_IMG0794 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

I hung around a bit as I checked the Glencoe moutain web cameras. Total peasoup fog up there so I stayed tripod down here rather than move on.

_IMG0808 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

_IMG0811 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Sometimes you just get very very lucky. You cannot really take a bad picture when conditions are as amazing as this. I exported these as aRGB so if you are not using a colour managed browser they'll look faded and washed out.

All processing done on DXO photolab 4 and all shot with the amazing Pentax 645z and 28-45
Great set. (y) (y)

Back