Melincourt waterfall (new photo added)

Name
Len
Edit My Images
No
Hi all, went to the falls at melincourt, South Wales last week. Only 10mins away for me. Weather was kind for a change. It was a pleasant place to spend a couple of hours.
To give the pics some perspective, the falls are approx 90ft high. I liked the way the light brought out the colours of the rocks and foliage. I used my sigma 10-20mm with circular polariser and tamron 90mm on a canon 40d.
C+C most welcome.
melincourt1.jpg

melincourt2.jpg

melincourt3.jpg

melincourt_b_w_edited_1.jpg

Tried a B+W take on the image as magpieant suggested. Any good?

Thanks for looking
Len

Last edited:
Number 3 all the way for me. Lovely shot.

Can't help thinking it would look stunning as a black and white image - high contrast!

Anth

I live about 800 yards from those falls, absolutely stunning scenery. I think it gets overlooked by many people who don't go further than Aberdulais.

Lovely shots.

Rhodri

Thanks all for the kind comments.(y) The light was just right that day.

Magpieant i'll give your suggestion a try, although i'm still learning elements.

fly_half these falls are overlooked, i dont think people know they're there.The other falls like sgwd eira and sgwd gwladus are more well known. Melincourt is not too far to walk from the car and theres plenty of space for the tripod when you get there.(y)
A few friends and myself are going to Pontneddfechan later in the week for the river walk to take in the waterfalls there. Looking forward to that.

Quaker thanks, no probs, once i've sorted them out i add more pics to this post.

Len

Good shots, I think 3 is my favourite. (y)

STM Thanks for the comment. The last time i visited Pontneddfechan was over 25yrs ago:thinking: I hope things have'nt changed that much:LOL:

jgs001 Thanks also.Theres something about No.3, for me its the colour of the boulders like Quaker said previously.

Len

Back