memorial berlin

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
jewish memorial in Berlin. any ways to improve these as they are mainley gray?

jewishmemorialberlin1.jpg

jewishmemorialberlin2.jpg

jewishmemorialberlin3.jpg

I like your second Pic. Been to Berlin quite a few times and going again in November. I always struggle to get any good pics of the memorial. I got this one a few years ago when the sun was going down and made the blocks look golden.

Chris :)

2206357996_aa057fde68.jpg

like that one.
I was doing a machinery exhibition over there 7 days in Berlin, only had 3 hours free all week.

Neil

I've been to Berlin a couple of times and am toying with going back this winter. Great place. I wasn't 'into' photography on my previous visits but remember trying to take a snap of the memorial and wondering how to do it. The guy who designed it said that the memorial, when you are standing amongst the pillars, was intended to provoke a feeling of loneliness and isolation. It certainly does that as the sound from surrounding areas is deadened out and a lot of light is cut out as well. It's a very effective memorial IMHO. I guess an effective photo of it would have to convey a similar feeling (somehow.)

I like the composition, especially the second one. I think they would look excellent as high contrast B&W images though. :)

Sombre set but no 2 is an excellent composition.

imo the drab grey is the essence of that memorial, but why not try to use nature to help you tone down that grey e.g. sunrays, shadow, rain, autumn leaves or snow.

Back