Memories

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
My girlfriends father is suffering from dementia and the family is struggling a bit to come to terms with his illness. Yesterday I was watching him feed the latest addition to the family (our nephew - 8 weeks old) and for some reason it really moved me. I took a couple of shots without him knowing. They aren't brilliant shots but for the family they mean a great deal. This is one of them.

3137364758_6c12a1a0e6.jpg

Chris :)

Very sorry to hear about gramps :( Well done on the new addition, what a lovely photo you have, it is indeed moving.

Gary.

Love it, in yrs to come the baby will have something to remind them of their grandfather. My father was an avid Tog but passed away in 1989, I have very few photos to show them of him.. 4 to be exact..

Lovely emotional shot Chris, you familly will come to treasure it in time,unfortunately.

Best of luck to you and yours mate......(y)

I can understand why it moved you! Its a great and emotional shot to be treasured!

Don't sell yourself short Chris. That is a really nice photo. Candids like this are precious! I love the way the baby is framed between the hand and the face. Nice job.

Its not a bad shot at all and will be absolutetly invaluble over the coming months and years, well done you for getting them :clap:

Very sorry to hear about gramps :( Well done on the new addition, what a lovely photo you have, it is indeed moving.

Gary.

Love it, in yrs to come the baby will have something to remind them of their grandfather. My father was an avid Tog but passed away in 1989, I have very few photos to show them of him.. 4 to be exact..

I can understand why it moved you! Its a great and emotional shot to be treasured!

Cheers for the kind comments. (y)

Made me think a bit about the need to get a move on in terms of taking more pics of people within the family. I don't have many of my own family or childhood.

Lovely emotional shot Chris, you familly will come to treasure it in time,unfortunately.

Best of luck to you and yours mate......(y)

Cheers Ade. I think you are right. Many pics are appreciated far more years after they are taken. This little fella wont get to know his Grandad as the brilliant, funny fella that he is, if at all.

Hope you are well and still enjoying that D300. All the best for 2009 (y)

Chris :)

I really like shots like this - I think its the angle that just seems to work. I've done a few similar and they do tend to have an impact.

Given your circumstances, you need to do more. Soon. You do it well - so get going.

Great photo and one that will be treasured.(y)

Cheers for the kind comments. (y)

Made me think a bit about the need to get a move on in terms of taking more pics of people within the family. I don't have many of my own family or childhood.

Indeed, and as much as we like to belive its our greatest landscapes/nature photos that will be remembered , the truth is there not and it is photos like this that will be veiwed and remembered long after we are gone . So get taking more of those family pics.:)

Great photo, one that will hold memories for you and yours for many years (y)

Back