Memory Card Case recomendations

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,

Just wondered if anyone had any recommendations for Memory card cases? I use SDHC and have seen so many on amazon etc but they all have really mixed reviews. Looking for one to keep all cards organised so i don;t have them rattling around in the little clear boxes in my bag.

Thanks in advance

I got one from pound land - came with six slots for the cards.
the only thing I wish it did was allow me to turn my cards over when I've used them - the cards go in one way only - so I have no way of knowing which i've used.
so I would look at one and make sure you can turn the card over!

7dayshop.com do some decent ones.

Last edited:
I have those 7dayshop ones for my CF cards but went for the plastic ones that accept CF and SD when I wanted some more recently. Still 7dayshop ones but bright yellow plastic rather than the heavy duty Al ones.

I have 7dayshop SD/SDHC 'Armour Case' one and am happy with it - I put empty cards in the slots and put them on the other side (cushion thing with a plastic flap on top) when they are full, it's this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...83389&sr=1-1&keywords=7dayshop+Armour+Case+SD Only holds 4 cards in the compartment side which is fine for me but some folk might want even more? The CF card version is only a quid (+postage) for anyone after a CF card one, but that only holds 2 cards.

Last edited:
it was this bit that appealed to me most:

the clever design of the TUFF BOX means it can also hold 4 Compact Flash (CF) cards IN ADDITION to the 8 SD cards. That's 12 memory cards in total!

I'm always putting them in pockets & forgeting which pocket I stuck them in....

I have that exact one - though I've modified it with a curly cord and carabiner. Works fine until you drop it. Then all the cards jumble up and you don't know which is which.

Not had any problems with mine but I haven't tried the DROP test and I meant to keep it that way ;)

I have several of these things, including the aluminium 7dayshop (good) and Tuff box (least favourite) for a mixture of CF and SD cards.

My favourite is the 7dayshop plastic jobbie and I've got a few of those now. Cheapest, smallest, lightest, takes all card types, just wish they did a couple more colour options than black and yellow (y) Here http://www.amazon.co.uk/7dayshop-microSD-microSDHC-microSDXC-Compact/dp/B004W2CFVO/ref=pd_sim_ce_1

That looks a good box and a good price to - maybe I will give one of them a try to (y)

Not had any problems with mine but I haven't tried the DROP test and I meant to keep it that way ;)

You don't have to drop it for the smaller SD cards to fall around inside that one!

That looks a good box and a good price to - maybe I will give one of them a try to (y)

:)

Even shaking it pretty hard will do it ;)

It's an issue for me because if I have several cards in the case I'll start at top left and fill them down to bottom right. If the cards jump out of their holders there's no easy way to tell which is used and which isn't. Also it would be nice if you could put the cards in upside down to indicate they had been used. It seems a bit silly to complain about a £7.50 item but these things matter :)

I've never found anything better than the Gepe cases (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gepe-Card-S...qid=1386943015&sr=8-1&keywords=gepe+card+safe) Very solid and will hold 4 SDs and 4 CFs. I've used them for about 10 years and have never had a card come loose. Pricey though. And no lanyard eye.

Actually the insert of my Jack the Hat case looks different from that one. Maybe they have improved it.

i use two from 7day shop one yellow , and one black so one for 'used cards' and one for unused cards - no nasty surprises then !

It's an issue for me because if I have several cards in the case I'll start at top left and fill them down to bottom right. If the cards jump out of their holders there's no easy way to tell which is used and which isn't. Also it would be nice if you could put the cards in upside down to indicate they had been used. It seems a bit silly to complain about a £7.50 item but these things matter :)

I suppose you could just slide the write-protect tab on an SD card to the 'locked' position once you've used it and then unlock it when you've copied your data. :cautious:

I suppose you could just slide the write-protect tab on an SD card to the 'locked' position once you've used it and then unlock it when you've copied your data. :cautious:

Just number them, and use in sequence?

1. the tabs are too likely to break if you mess with them - I have at least one card with a tab made of electrical tape

2. on some cards the tabs can foul the slot as you put them in the camera too fast so they write protect themselves so if I get a write protected card I just unprotect it

I've tried using 2 wallets but really that's one more thing to lose and it means having 2 wallets open to change a card not 1.

One day I'll just buy a card that's big enough for all day then I'll be happy :)

Even shaking it pretty hard will do it ;)

I've never found anything better than the Gepe cases (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gepe-Card-Safe-Extreme-Neon/dp/B0002I71LG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386943015&sr=8-1&keywords=gepe card safe) Very solid and will hold 4 SDs and 4 CFs. I've used them for about 10 years and have never had a card come loose. Pricey though. And no lanyard eye.

Well my case HAS been shaken around a lot and I have never had any problems with the cards moving. Always just where I left them when I open the case up

Well my case HAS been shaken around a lot and I have never had any problems with the cards moving. Always just where I left them when I open the case up

Does the insert look exactly like that one in the picture? I may have an older one. If so and it works like you say I'll upgrade ;)

7dayshop.com do some decent ones.

I have a 7dayshop case. It's pretty light but built like a tank. On one side, It has 4 dedicated slots cut out for SD cards when you open it up. On the other side is a clear hard plastic lid/cover where you can stash other odd sized cards (CF etc).

I recommend it. I also bought mine off 7dayshop on Amazon rather than directly as it was cheaper!

I have some Lowepro wallet that came with a bag. Looks similar to most of the bigger ones posted above.

Only thing I actually use is a little Sandisk thing that came with one of my CF cards, looks a bit like this. Got about half a dozen cards in it, flip them over when used - and most importantly (and the reason I use it) it fits in my pocket while I'm shooting. Don't know what I'd do with the big wallet thing, leave it in my bag and not have a card on me when I needed it I imagine.

I have that exact one - though I've modified it with a curly cord and carabiner. Works fine until you drop it. Then all the cards jumble up and you don't know which is which.
this is why the thinktank ones are great. Put them in label showing for unused, put them in facing away once it's used. No chance they can get muddled.

Back