Memory Card Choice

Name
Terry
Edit My Images
Yes
Wondering what you guys are useing in memory cards?
i use Sandisk Extreme Pro
which seems to work ok with 4k video, not tried it to much in burst mode
but it seems ok for the price, 35 quid for 64gb card
any thoughts or better cards?

I'm using Hama 32GB cards.

No problems, they write quick enough for me and were a bargain from 7dayshop.com

I've tried the all singing all dancing expensive cards and have found them a waste of money.

Wondering what you guys are useing in memory cards?
i use Sandisk Extreme Pro
which seems to work ok with 4k video, not tried it to much in burst mode
but it seems ok for the price, 35 quid for 64gb card
any thoughts or better cards?

I pretty much always use Sandisk although I have a Lexar Cfast card which was a freebie.

I'm using Hama 32GB cards.

No problems, they write quick enough for me and were a bargain from 7dayshop.com

I've tried the all singing all dancing expensive cards and have found them a waste of money.

Depends what camera you have and what it can utilise. e.g. Canon 5D3 to maximise its frame rate before slowdown it is worth using the very fastest CF cards available. If you are using the SD slot then buy the cheapest.

Having had a cheap card fail on me (at an unrepeatable family function - luckily I managed to get THE important shot off it at a cost...), I now use SanDisk cards only. I know some people have had them fail but so far, not me! Even "expensive" cards are stinking cheap compared to a few years ago so why risk it?

I use a mixture of Samsung, Trancend and Integral. Never had a failure from these Brands.
Having had a cheap card fail on me
I had a cheap card fail on me it was a Sandisk. It was not a fake card because Sandisk replaced it under warranty. However I could never trust their cards again.

I use a mixture of Samsung, Trancend and Integral. Never had a failure from these Brands.
I had a cheap card fail on me it was a Sandisk. It was not a fake card because Sandisk replaced it under warranty. However I could never trust their cards again.
I know a failure puts you off, but I'm sure transcend, integral and Samsung have had failures too.

I've used Sandisk exclusively for 13 years. Never had a card fail on me.

I've mostly kept to SanDisk but have had Lexar CF cards in the past. I always buy from Amazon when they are reduced. I stick to Amazon U.K. and don't use the market sellers.

Camera write speed can limit the type of card you need. I've used this website to check speeds and which card to buy.

https://www.cameramemoryspeed.com/

Some cards can't utilise their maximum speeds in some cameras. The D800 i previously had couldn't make full use of the fastest SanDisk Exteme Pro 95mb/s sd cards. The D750 benefits from them and they help to keep keep the buffer clear shooting continuously.

Cards like hard drives will fail, it doesn't matter what brand they are. If a failed card is replaced by the manufacturer thats what really matters. Many cameras have dual card slots so it's easier to protect yourself from a card failure.

Keeping to the main brand from reputable authorised seller is probably the best idea.

you can get a lot of fake cards inported on ebay that do operate at the correct speed
i tend to buy from amazone for this reason

Back