Memory card differences help please

Name
Sue
Edit My Images
Yes
Could someone explain please the difference between various memory cards. I have a couple of 2GB san disk memory cards which I have been using for my compact. I have just bought a Nikon D60 on here ( just waiting for it to arrive) and have been looking to see if I should buy a better card for it. I see on amazon that there are, for instance 2 cards, one a San disk extreme 111 4 gb card for £16.28 and another a San Disk 8gb SDHC secure card for £10.49. Why is the 8gb cheaper please?
Thanks
Sue

it is the read and write speeds of the card and quality of the product supposedly. the extreme 111 is towards the top end of the range with faster read and write speeds, so when you take your picture, the camera will work as fast as it can as opposed to as fast as the card(im pretty sure the extreme 111 write faster than any but the top cameras). Thus meaning you can do more shots continuously.

also when transfering to your computer they will transfer over quicker dependant on which card reaer you have.

the extreme 111 come with a black case, some recovery software and have longer guarantees.

The sandisk range also include Ultra11(faster than the standard but slower than extreme 111)
and extreme 1V which are faster still.

it is the read and write speeds of the card and quality of the product supposedly. the extreme 111 is towards the top end of the range with faster read and write speeds, so when you take your picture, the camera will work as fast as it can as opposed to as fast as the card(im pretty sure the extreme 111 write faster than any but the top cameras). Thus meaning you can do more shots continuously.

also when transfering to your computer they will transfer over quicker dependant on which card reaer you have.

the extreme 111 come with a black case, some recovery software and have longer guarantees.

The sandisk range also include Ultra11(faster than the standard but slower than extreme 111)
and extreme 1V which are faster still.

Thank you. That is just what I needed to know, clearly explained.:)

no probs(y)

I have the extreme III 4gb for my d60 and i have to say they are a cracking card, the 30mbs is only available in 32gb if i remeber right so really not worth that imho

Back