memory card problem.. any ideas ?

Edit My Images
Yes
OK, tomorrow I need to have plenty of memory, and am checking my cards (4gb sandisk extreme 3)
All have been cleared, and one is telling my I have only got space for 38 RAW images, despite it showing as having 4gb space on my computer..
Any thoughts what to do ??

Try formatting the card in the camera (different to just deleting the pictures from the card)and see what happens (if you haven't already).
Some people format the card in the computer and this can cause some errors.
Let me know what happens :)

How do you format or reformat a card then...
I deleted all the images on camera, if that makes any difference, and thanks for the help so far..!

Well, as has happened once or twice before, I spoke too soon - Scroll through the menu and there is 'format'.
I have now got a working card again !
Many thanks all !

PS Just remembered we had a power cut the other day while the card was in the computer, so that might have caused the problem..

Well, as has happened once or twice before, I spoke too soon - Scroll through the menu and there is 'format'.
I have now got a working card again !
Many thanks all !

PS Just remembered we had a power cut the other day while the card was in the computer, so that might have caused the problem..

Glad it's sorted :D

Steve

Now you've found the format command might be a good idea to format the card every time you put it in the camera. This keeps things tidy and helps reduce errors

Steve

Now you've found the format command might be a good idea to format the card every time you put it in the camera. This keeps things tidy and helps reduce errors

Unless of course, like me, you use memory cards as a further backup system....... :eek: :D

quick format just tidies the index and leaves the data alone
you can still recover the pics with the right software

full format tidies the index and writes 00s all over the data
you can NOT ever recover the pics
(unless you have really expensive hardware that can see just how 0 the 00s are!)

hth

ps thought you went analog?
(top tip - you can't re-format film! :LOL: )

Well, I am doing film and digital, nad have just been enjoying my daughters first holy communion - not my thing in any way, but she has had a wonderful day, I have had far too much wine to even start processing images, so tough - you need to wait...!

so pleased it went well for you (and her - more important!)

enjoy the fdw - then post some pics!

Back