Memory Card problem

Edit My Images
No
Hi, I have been using a Transcend 32GB SD card for about 2 months but it seems to have developed a fault. Any photos I take won't show on the computer but when
I go into the external drive section on my computer the images are in a DCIM file. I can then import from the DCIM file. When I first got the card the images imported
straight from the card without having to go into the external drive. I am putting the SD card into the SD slot on my computer.

Can anyone suggest what I have done to cause this? The camera is a Panasonic FZ150.

Do you format the card in the camera?

Hi I formatted the card while it was in the computer. I'll give it a try formatting in camera and see if that works Thanks guys.

No joy with formatting in camera. The problem is persisting. I have normally used Sandisk cards previously with no problems , it looks like I'll be going back to them again.

Any recommendations?

You might have somehow told the computer to see that card as a drive, rather than a PnP device.

When you place the card in the PC and the options window appears click on 'Import picture and videos using Windows'.

Another window will pop up and on the bottom left there should be a 'Import Settings' link. Click that and choose the destination you require

I found an old card reader and tried the card and that worked ok. Maybe a problem with the built in card reader?

Back