Memory card recommendations needed

First of all welcome to the forums.
Secondly, welcome to the 450D's owners club.
Thirdly, my first card was Jessops branded 4GB SDHC and it is fine.
They are probably made by a large company so I wouldn't worry about it, just a rebranded label stuck on them.
And last and by no means least, save your pennies cos this hobby is going to cost you a fortune in lenses and accessories :D

IMO (having had a cheap card fail), I would (and now do) stick to SanDisk cards. Shop around a bit to get the pices down but avoid e-bay where fakes seem to be more common than a common thing.

Try mymemory and 7dayshop for a start. (Note that 7day may not be the fastest deliverers and charge P&P, so it may be worth stocking up on spare batteries, printer inks etc while you're shopping)

Thanks for the advice everyone, think i'll look into getting a PCWorld price match. I still find it mind boggling that PCWorld can overprice something by £62 and still make a profit when they drop the price. Absolute robbery!

Hi

i just got 3 from a site called memorybits (3 cards - 4gb,4gb and 2gb micro) with 1 multi card adaptor (mini to sd etc) and a reader for 27 quid. They seem to give you a 10% voucher after too. Mind you they havnt come in the post yet (2 days) but delivery was cheap!

Cheers

be careful with the large cards. i would suggest 2x4GB as if the card corrupts or gets damaged etc - you dont lose all your images (if you fill the card that is)

Back